John Passed Away.

vquigley
on 5/21/06 11:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
My thoughts and prayers are with Diana and her family. I am so sad that his surgery and complications turned out the way they did. I will continue to pray for them. Virginia
Mr Buddha
on 5/21/06 12:43 pm - florence, KY
John Sorry to Diane and the kids, my family's prayers go out to you.
Malibu C
on 5/21/06 1:51 pm - Somewhere in, AZ
Darlene, I'm just heart sick about this. I live in Gilbert. I am more than willing to take in meals, or help with whatever!! Please let me know. If you email me back I can give you my phone number so that you can tell me how I can help. I don't know John, but we are all "family" in this wls community and I feel compelled and honored to help out wherever I can! Please let me know, C
Darlene X
on 5/21/06 2:05 pm - Maricopa, AZ
You have mail. Thanks
Scuba Guy
on 5/21/06 2:05 pm - Mesa, AZ
Darlene, Out of curiousity, what was the cuase, was it the leak? I am waiting for a date myself
Darlene X
on 5/21/06 2:11 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Tuesday was his surgery, he was fine. Wednesday he started having severe stomach pain, they ran tests. Thursday he went back into surgery, they said they found nothing wrong, re bypassed some intestines etc to try address his pain. Friday the kidney failure started, also lung and heart problems, he was admitted to ICU in critical condition. They went in for a 3rd surgery and found a leak... so he had a leak for 3 days without being corrected. By then the leak had set into motion some things that just couldn't be helped. John's body started shutting down... Saturday because his immune system dropped so much they found he had a bacteria that was flesh eating, he was given a 5% chance of survival... he went in for a 4th surgery, they removed a huge patch of skin to try fight the flesh eating bacteria... but he was so unstable they couldnt keep him in surgery for long, he coded while we were at the hospital but they were able to bring him back. Late Saturday afternoon they air vacced him to a burns hospital more equipped to deal with the aggressive flesh eating bacteria... a few hours later he died.
Scuba Guy
on 5/21/06 2:15 pm - Mesa, AZ
Wow that is too bad. Wish they had caught it in the beginning. Pleas pass onmy condoliences to the family
azbigmamma
on 5/21/06 2:44 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Darlene, could any of this been prevented if they had checked kidneys and his heart, or was this because he had the leak for 3 days? How old was John. My prayers go out to his family and friends. Thanks you. Tanya
Kelli ~.
on 5/21/06 2:47 pm - Atwater, CA
Dear Friends, I am truly sorry for the loss of a fellow WLS friend. I pray for his family and I pray for those of you who knew him best. It's a tragedy that not only affects those locally but to all of us who have undergone WLS to improve our lives, I am deeply saddened by this loss. Please forward my condolences to the family. Sincerely, Kelli
VeeKay
on 5/21/06 2:48 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
I became friends with Diana back in November, we had surgery dates 2 days away from each other, with the same surgeon. I got sick in December and my surgery was rescheduled, but hers went on. We have kept in tocuh ever since. I know Diana had problems after her surgery, but then slowly started to recouperate. I spoke to John when Diana was in the hospital, and he was very concerned for her, He was a good man, and he will be surely missed by alot of people. I know that I live in Prescott, however, knowing Diana for as long as I have, I want to make myself availabe to do anything that may be needed. Today I recieved a very short email from her, notifiying me of Johns passing, and truthfully I don't expect more from her at this time, quite understandibly. Darlene, could you post the info for services that will be held, I will certainly want to pay my repects. Also my local support group would like to offer any kind of help that we can. Thank you Vee
Most Active