Bad taste in mouth

Melissa P
on 5/19/06 8:19 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Guys, I am about 5 weeks out of surgery and am doing pretty good. I had an infection that is almost gone and have lost 27 pounds. Then this morning, I woke up with the worst taste in my mouth. Even brushing my teath this morning and eating throughout the day has not taken it away. Any one else have this issue? Thanks! Melissa
diamanti1
on 5/19/06 8:37 am - Peoria, AZ
my gut would tell me your body is in serious ketosis....which is a good thing...and it will eventually pass. You can test with some strips that are available from the pharmacy....but it is a good thing to happen...body is breaking down stored fat...since you aren't loading body with carbs. found that it was good to keep an eclipse breath mint around....eliminates the problem
Melissa P
on 5/19/06 9:08 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks David, I looked at your profile and you are doing awesome. I wasn't sure if , I could have a mint. I will go and buy some. Because it is driving me crazy. Thanks for your reply. Melissa
diamanti1
on 5/19/06 1:48 pm - Peoria, AZ
I am sure if you talk to Cassie she wouldn't want you to have a mint....but well...the taste gets old....so that is what we did. The eclipse winterfresh mints have worked the best. Best of luck...and it will pass.
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/06 4:25 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Just make sure the mints are sugar free. Thats what I do. Nice to see you up and around the board Melissa! Drop me a line sometime - or look for me @ the meetings! Debbie (Brian B's sister)
lemarie22
on 5/19/06 11:51 pm - Glendale, AZ
Melissa, Most likely it is ketosis as others have told you. It's icky now and I remember how self-concious I was about my breath. Drinking lots and lots of water does help and the good news is that it will go away. It's just one of those things you have to ride out. I think I remember being able to have Altoids or Tic Tacs. Connie
Most Active