revion help

RyanB
on 5/18/06 4:51 am - phoenix, az
I had an RNY done by Dr. Zahn in 01. I need a revision. I have gained back most of my weight. My problem is I have cigna HMO through the city of Phoenix and they only list Dr. blackstone as a provider. I saw her and she doesnt do revisions. Where do I go from here? Someone said I could pay a certain percent to go out of network, but I don't know where to start or what doctors I can see.....Please help this is heartbreraking.... I never thought I would be in this position again
Darlene X
on 5/18/06 5:40 am - Maricopa, AZ
I think Dr Juarez & Dr Fang @ Phoenix St Lukes will evaluate for revisions.... I don't know how much you'd pay to go see one of them because it's out of network..... but you might as well pay a little for a consult and go see if your even a candidate for a revision. I know they turn people down. My Aunt had surgery in the early 1990's, gained a lot back--- went to Fang for a possible revision and he wouldn't do it, she gained weight back but her pouch was the right size it should be. Darlene
JRinAZ
on 5/18/06 12:27 pm - Layton, UT
Call a Cigna rep and ask for out of network referrals. If the one person they recommend can not do it then it stands to reason that they would give you other names. If not, they may have some legal issues headed their way! ... I know that Dr. Simpson does a lapband revision from old Rny's and that he has had patients with Cigna. ....just a thought. Good luck! ...Start at the top and work your way down! Joyce
Most Active