Playing the waiting game!

MacArthurBug
on 5/18/06 2:59 pm - KY
I think I need a little emotional support tonight. Last week I submitted all my paperwork to my surgeon. I have not heard back from him. So I have no idea if he's submitted everything for approval or if he needs anything. Anyone else had to twiddle their thumbs and contain themselves from making hourly phone calls?!?! I've been guzzling water to keep from nervous snacking, but have managed to find a few pounds of fat I was sure I'd ditched. I'm exercising and in general healthy. So.. it's not that I'm worried about myself anymore.. just don't wanna wait!!! SO... how long did you wait between submitting and hearing back? I know it's different, but just reading the feed back gives me SOMETHING to do other then fuss.
vquigley
on 5/18/06 3:50 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Amber, Don't give up!!!!!! I'm playing the waiting game right along with you. Still have not heard from Dr. Newhoff's office since I called them 2 weeks ago. I called today and got Sean's voicemail saying they would return my call within 48 hours (bah humbug). Since they close their office at noon on Fridays, I'm hoping I'll hear something tomorrow morning. Yeah, I don't know if they need more paperwork or what. I'm with you--now that I have made the decision I want it done NOW!!! and on the losing side with everyone else. Keep your chin up! One day, we will be losers too!!!! Good luck, Virginia
sallyann
on 5/18/06 10:41 pm - page, AZ
I figured IM paying this Dr a bunch of money for this surgery so I called them if I didnt hear something in 5 days. CALL CALL CALL! You are the customer, they are providing you the service. I get the feeling that they know that im feeling desperate and that they are controlling the situation. We are the ones keeping them in business and we WILL be treated with respect and get calls returned to us in a timely manner!! I know this sounds rough but im so frustrated with being put on HOLD when it comes to my weight issues! Same thing with your insurance company...I would wait 1 week and call them. If no return call in 24 hours I would call them again. The surgery costs about $44K from what I can gather...thats alot of money! Hang in there and be strong and brave!! You will be approved before you know it!! I have a feeling that in the next 5 years that the overweight person will not have to jump through hoops like we do today. This surgery has so many benefits and has become so safe. Obesity is an epidemic in this country..would we deny a person with a different medical condition the treatment ?? I hope not. I love you all..this website has been my best friend through all the road blocks and fears. Thanks to all those who have gone before me and posted the experiences. Sally
Judi S.
on 5/19/06 5:10 am - Phoenix, AZ
i am also with Dr. Newhoff, If you are dealing with Shawn, good luck. He submitted my file prior to my 6 month review by my PCP, told me I had a good chance. They then ( meaning the insurance company) came back wanting more information. He had to re-fax the same sheet of 3 times. I would deal with Marcia @ that office. I was not impressed with Shawn at all. Then again for every yin there is a yang, maybe yours will go thru smooth as silk. I am hoping the latter for you.
Most Active