Might have a stricture!

Sheryl Tilley
on 5/17/06 6:08 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! Just finished talking to Jenel Day at St. Luke's -- the dietician (nutritionist). I am 7 months out and still not able to eat much and when I do eat it still has to be an extremely tiny, small amount - mostly pureed. Otherwise, I barf it up. I have an appointment next week with Dr. Juarez and he will talk to me about doing a procedure (out-patient) where they stretch the opening a bit. Anybody else had this done? Hugs! Sheryl 320/230/160 Oct. 28th, 2005 - 90 pounds down
Darlene X
on 5/17/06 6:46 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yup, EJ had it done... he let it get to the point he was hospitalized though... They do an endoscopy.... they give you a light sedative, some people are in and out, EJ was awake the whole time. They numb your throat and put a scope down to take a look and see if the stoma is too narrow. If it is they blow up a little balloon thing which stretches the opening. It made such a HUGE night and day difference for EJ. He went from barely eating 1oz and drinking maybe 20oz, to a more normal 4-6oz of food and 64+ ox of water. Darlene
Darlene X
on 5/17/06 9:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
Oh BTW: You dont happen to have Jenel's e-mail address do you? Or her ph#? I was never given her info--- I had a long talk with her when EJ was in hospital, while he was getting his endoscopy done.. but I had a few questions for her and aren't sure how to contact her.
Sheryl Tilley
on 5/18/06 3:24 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Darlene! i just called St. Luke's and asked to be put through to Kelly -- I guess Jenel and Kelly have offices together. Sheryl
Randi D.
on 5/17/06 4:08 pm - Peoria, AZ
Sheryl, I hope you're okay. I'm sure the doctor will be able to help. When are you going in? I am currently off of work and if you need some moral support, let me know. I would be happy to come out to St. Lukes. I will actually be working very close to the hospital when I start at Liberty Mutual. I will be starting there on 6/5. I am so excited because I am so tired of sitting at home even though the dogs love it that I'm there. Email me if you want me to meet you at the hospital. Randi 360/196/160
Sheryl Tilley
on 5/19/06 3:25 pm - Prescott, AZ
Hi Randy! That is a really sweet offer. I appreciate you thinking of me like that. I will be having an appointment with Dr. Juarez this Tuesday the 23rd -- and I guess he will then determine if I have a stricture. So I'm sure that the procedure (if it takes place) would be after June 5th. Good luck with your new job! BTW - I have a lot of counted cross stitch stuff and my eyes are really failing me. Would you like this stuff? You can have it. Hugs! Sheryl
Most Active