Fish Oil....yucky!!!

Ginger
on 5/16/06 2:45 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Everybody, I got my labs back and my new doc wants me to take fish oil tabs 3 times a day. I was just wondering if any of you guys take the fish oil, and what brand do you take? There are soo many different kinds that I am kinda in a quandry. I have heard that there are some on the market that don't give you that "fishy taste" Thanks everybody! HugsGinger
JRinAZ
on 5/16/06 6:26 am - Layton, UT
Hey Ginger, What did he say it was for specifically? Did you get a copy of your labs? ....I was taking fish oil capsules but since I eat salmon about once a week now I stopped taking them. I'm doing my labs on Friday and am a littlle nervous about them. It's been quite a while and I'm worried about iron and B12.......I've been kind of pooped and suspect the supplements are not keeping up with my needs. Oh well...thalnk Heaven's we have those report cards to keep us on track! Good luck! You shouldn't have any fishy taste with the capsules. They go down easy and dont' have a taste. Joyce
Ginger
on 5/16/06 6:48 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Joyce, I haven't been for a follow-up with the doc yet. Angie called and told me about the lab results on that teletrac thingy. I am supposed to be taking the fish oil for the bad cholesterol. The rest of the labs are normal (knock on wood). Did you use the gel tabs? The doc said to put them in the freezer..I'm guessing to avoid gas or something. Good luck with your labs...as if it were something ya had to study for! Hugs, Ginger
sallyann
on 5/16/06 10:57 am - page, AZ
wow, fish caps...the only ones I have taken(by the way they are very good omega3's) I got them from costco. I had flipper burps for the first few days then I was ok. I like the freezer suggestion, let us know how it works k? Take Care! Sally
Ginger
on 5/17/06 9:09 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Everybody, I thought I'd share with you guys the sale I found on Vitamins. I realize that some of you are very loyal to your vitamin brand but....Walgreens is selling their store brand, buy 1 get one free. I bought my fish oil gelcaps $5.99 for two bottles of 100 count. Some of the other vits are on the same sale..just thought I'd pass that one on to you guys out there! HugsGinger
Purple_Lady
on 5/18/06 1:32 am - Tucson, AZ
I take them at night right before bed and avoid the fish burps. Plus I got 300 softgels at costco for about 10 bucks. I didn't think I would be able to swallow anything that big after surgery, so I was going to eat tuna, cod or salmon three times a week.
Most Active