Eva's Mexican Restraunt in Snowflake AZ. What to order?

Sondra J. S.
on 5/14/06 3:12 pm - Show Low, AZ
hi Ok, here's the delimma, The student, of which I am an active member of, is having their last meeting of the year at Eva's mexican restraunt in Snowflake AZ. Now, before the surgery Mexican food really didn't agree to awful well with my stomach, it kinda made me well, to put it litghtly and some other unpleasant experiences that we wont metnion here and I felt like I wanted to . Ok so, my question to all of you is what do I order, cuz of course I'll be the cheapest date there of course, lol. besides the rest of the bunch are all anyhow I'm sitting here in trying to figure out what to do, yes, my boss, who also happens to be the chairman of the student government, knows about my surgery, he's been an about it but the other student's don't know about it. The Vice President for student services will be there as well. Any advice will be much appreciated. I guess I could just them all into outerspace and my worries would be over lol Sondra 150/258/150 57lbs gone forever
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/06 5:10 pm - Phoenix, AZ
test
Michele M.
on 5/14/06 10:23 pm - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Eek, what a dilemma! You are less than 2 months post-op, right? I do not care for mexican food at all since I had surgery, it does not agree with me at all. I had a few situations like yours though, and really had no choice about where I was eating. I don't know where you are with your eating program. Are you allowed fresh vegetables and fruit yet? If so, I would suggest a salad. Steer clear of a taco salad tho, those are full of fat, and I'm sure you know to order dressing on the side. Another good idea might be soup. Depending on what kind they are serving of course. Tortilla soup, might be ok, but I wouldnt try eating the actual tortillas yet. Really any kind of broth based soup would be ok, just push the chunkier ingredients out of the way and enjoy the broth slowly. If this was taco bell I would suggest the refried beans with a smidgeon of cheese. But please, don't order that at a Mexican restraunt. They use tons of LARD in authentic refried beans. Another idea, might sound like a huge waste of food, but how about fajitas? I don't suggest you eat any of the extra stuff though. But I was once was in your situation, ordered fajitas and just picked at the meat and veggies. Easy on the red & green peppers though, they can cause gas and discomfort (for me). Go****s so hard for me to remember what I was eating at 2 months! Just try not to fixate on your plate, eat reallllly slowly, carefully, push stuff around and relax Michele
lemarie22
on 5/14/06 11:55 pm - Glendale, AZ
Sondra, Are you eating any type of vegetables yet? If so, you might want to order a taco a la carte and just eat the guts. If not, refried beans are probably your best bet. Someone said to test and that might be a good idea if you can order something and take it home to try before the big night. You might find that things that upset your stomach pre-surgery are OK now. Connie
Sondra J. S.
on 5/15/06 12:56 am - Show Low, AZ
Hello ladies, Yes!! I can have both fresh fruits and vegetables, and I love both of them, I find that refried beans give me to much gas so I try to steer clear of them. I figure If I were to get an entree, I would have meals for a week, lol, so maybe I'll just see what they have on their kiddie menu? perhaps that'll work. I thank each and every one for their advice, this midwestern gal turned southwestern gal's tummy truly isn't what it used to be, lol..... Sondra, 315/258/150 57lbs gone forever!!!!
JRinAZ
on 5/15/06 6:32 am - Layton, UT
Hey Sondra, At your early stage, I'd probably stay away from as much fried stuff as possible. Dumping at a restaurant among non-family types is really something we like to avoid! ..But, always locate the restroom in every restaurant BEFORE you order...AND, sit on the outside of the booth so you can zip out without climbing over the table and stepping in everyone's food! LOL! .....cute mental pic though, don't you think? he he he!!!! Sooo....how about order sides? Skewer of grilled shrimp, and/or side of refried beans,,...or as a newbie, I would often just order a burrito a la carte (without all the trimmings) and I'd eat the inside of it and leave the tortilla. IF you know anyone well enough, how about sharing a meal with them. Maybe you could order an appetizer and they could order the meal and you could nibble off of their plate but share the tab to be be fair. If you were further out, I'd suggest having a grilled chicken or grilled steak (carne a sada) meal with double beans instead of rice and beans. Salads are always options as well but not everyone handles salad until they are further post-op. Good luck! Don't worry bout it. If nothing else, you can eat before you go in and then just "nurse" a glass of water and visit! Hugggz, Joyce
desert rat
on 5/15/06 10:22 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hi Sondra, I don't know the depth of this restaurant's menu but if it's better than Taco Bell, they should have soup. Try a bowl of Albondigas which is a broth with vegetables and meatballs. It is not a heavy soup nor is it spicy. Most Mexican soups are prepared fairly plain and then "doctored" at the table. You add your own choices of cilantro, lime juice, onions, chilies, etc., or nothing at all if you prefer. It's worth a try. My daughter isn't a Mexican food fan but she loves this soup. Good luck, Dj
tamikosue
on 5/16/06 5:23 am - Lakeside, AZ
Hey Sondra, Since there are MANY Mexican food restaurants in the Show Low area I feel I have become an expert at ordering at them!! I have found refried beans or cheese enchiladas the best choices for me!!! I just eat the cheese and sauce from the enchiladas. HTH...Tiffany
Most Active