I tried every protein drink in the OH supplement store and...

hannahlonsdale
on 5/14/06 9:45 am - Chandler, AZ
my favorite was Fit 365. Anybody else tried these?? -Hannah
desert rat
on 5/15/06 11:41 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hannah, I've never heard of it. What makes it so good? My current favorite is the Acheiv One Cappucino flavor. It takes some effort to find but I think it's worth it. Dj
hannahlonsdale
on 5/15/06 12:02 pm - Chandler, AZ
DJ- Its relatively new. My personal trainer recommended it because the other powders I had tried didn't settle well in my stomach. The Fit 365 has digestive enzymes and fiber, and they don't use anything artificial. I swear by it. People think I'm crazy, but I have it about 3 times a day, and keep some at work and some in my car. It tastes good! I have gotten 3 of my friends hooked on it. Give it a try. -Hannah
JRinAZ
on 5/15/06 3:28 pm - Layton, UT
Hannah and DJ, My .02 after researching the details...= I personally would never use this product regardless of it's excellent taste. It has high calorie ratio per protein grams and is very very expensive. If the price is not an issue then it's probably a good product for newbie post-ops who are trying to keep their calories high. But, as a 3 1/2 year post-op who has to triim calories with every choice....I would not want to waste mine on the protein drink. I can get 23 to 30 grams of protein per 90 to 120 calories with other yummy tasting Bariatric proven products such as: Nectars, Champion Pure Whey STack, Matrix, Isopure powder, Any Whey flavorless, Unjury and , PV whey Gourmet (in like 30 flavors!). To find any of the items on sale, simply GOOGLE the product and put "best price for_____________" and it will give you sites that have it on sale. My DH used to drink a protein (Muscle Milk) that had the same ratios as the Fit365 but he was trying to gain weight after losing too much from his Rny. Kudos to all who do protein drinks! Your labs will show A+ on them and yoiur energy levels should remain high! Joyce , www.fit365store.com
hannahlonsdale
on 5/17/06 4:59 am - Chandler, AZ
Strange, I replied yesterday and my post does not appear. The gist of my reply is that the extra calories in Fit 365 come from fiber and healthy fats, both thing that we all need. And of course, as far as cost, you tend to get what you pay for. second try, Hannah
JRinAZ
on 5/17/06 6:37 pm - Layton, UT
When was your surgery Hanna? ......Just wondering cuz if you were a grad post-op then you'd be getting fiber from food source and you wouldn't want to "drink" your calories. ....Protein drinks are important for the immediate absorption we get but there are so many really GREAT products that can give you great flavor, high protein AND low carbs/low calories. ..... Not dissing your choice; but just helping folks be aware of other options that can fit their needs at their stage. Joyce
Most Active