OT: ANyone looking for a dog?

Darlene X
on 5/12/06 1:28 am - Maricopa, AZ
My sister in law (Who should never be a pet owner) decided they wanted a puppy about a year back and got one... now they are done with having a dog (As a dog lover this really ticks me off because a dog is a life time commitment), either they find her a home or they are sending her to the pound. Id rather she not get sent to the pound... so if anyone knows of someone who is looking for a small dog, or if you are yourself let me know. She is free. A little about her, she is small, I'd say about 15lbs, she was a mix, they arent sure of what, a little daschund in her.... she is cute, blond (Kinda like a really minature blond lab), short haired-- she is about a year old right now. My sister in law didn't spend any time training her... though she is good in a crate----she was left outside pretty much her whole life with them. This dog is super sweet and loving, she has a great temperment, but she is in desperate need of some love and attention--- I know she wasn't getting that from my sister in laws family. She has always been good with my dogs and is used to small kids around-- but has a little excess energy. Her name is Minnie... Let me know if you know of anyone who might be interested. With a little training and attention that she has been lacking she would be an awesome pet.
JRinAZ
on 5/12/06 3:01 am - Layton, UT
Darlene, My neighbor does dog rescue and would be a good option over the Pound! >..I've been babbling to my DH about getting another puppy cuz I think they are sooooo much happier with a little company when we're at work. Besides ..."MY" puppy (1 year old) loves DH best! I told him I need another one for ME! ....but, since they are a long term commitment....I'm determined to get a sheltie (my true love) next. Good luck! Tell you sister in-law to be very careful.....KARMA has a way of catching up with naughty pet owners! and, well.....naughty people in general! Hugggz, Joyce
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/06 3:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
I own a pet grooming salon in Phoenix, I will keep my ears open for someone looking for a dog, can you send me a picture of her and more details spayed, good with kids etc, I can hang a sign in my salon. www.hugnpup.com
Darlene X
on 5/12/06 4:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks, They are working on getting a picture online--- or so I heard... I'll keep you updated.
Darlene X
on 5/12/06 4:20 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Joyce... Yeah we aren't very happy with them. They adopted a dog from the pound, husky mix and completely ignored the guy. Her husband doesnt like dogs, and she isnt a big dog lover but thought it would be good for the kids. He escaped from their yard they never saw him again. Minnie was a puppy my other brother in law looked after for a while, they bought her to see us one dinner-- they didnt own a home so couldnt have her, she was gorgeous as a tiny puppy. Anyway my sister in law decided they wanted her... and pretty much she has been in their backyard since... I LOVE dogs so much, they are my kids... so I can't relate to locking a dog outside all day..... she is rarely allowed inside, doesnt get any affection from them-- we have looked after her a couple of times when they went out of town, she is so sweet, very people friendly, she has lots of energy-- but I think mostly cause she doesnt get a lot of exercise of play.... Anyway it's really ticking me off, which is why EJ and I are working hard to try find her a good home.
diamanti1
on 5/12/06 3:30 am - Peoria, AZ
Do you have a picture of her? We have 3 dachsies....and a 4th is not out of the question. I am very interested.
Darlene X
on 5/12/06 4:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im waiting on them to take a picture of her, so don't have one yet. She is a mix of goodness knows what though... deffinately looks like som daschund because she has that long body look, with shorter legs. 4 dogs, you must be crazy... LOL I have 4, had to stop... anymore and Id go crazy LOL.
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/06 8:01 am - Phoenix, AZ
LOL I have 6 dogs and 2 cats Its like a zoo here sometimes
Sondra J. S.
on 5/12/06 2:56 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hi, We have 5 dogs and 3 cats, lol it IS a zoo here, we're to far to look at another dog, besides we're over the city's animal limit as it is right now otherwise I'd take her in a heartbeat even without seeing a picture of her. I have my poodle, who has more than a dozen doggie t-shirts and his own special doggie food and his own special chew toys and has his own treats etc.....I think you get the picture on how spoiled he is, lol, the other dogs belong to the other 5 ppl in the house, but the poodle is my fiance and mine, lol..... I wish you the best of luck finding a wonderful home for Minnie Darlene, she sounds just wonderful!!!! Sondra, 315/261/150
Most Active