What are you doing for Mothers Day

moirap
on 5/11/06 2:00 pm - Mesa, AZ
What are your Plans for Mothers Day...Looking for some interesting Ideas...Restaurants can be so crowded... Happy Mothers Day
Michele M.
on 5/11/06 10:32 pm - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Hiding from the inlaws. Michele
Darlene X
on 5/12/06 12:49 am - Maricopa, AZ
Nothing... I don't like mother's Day-- it's too depressing.
Brandy H
on 5/12/06 12:49 am - Glendale, AZ
in lieu of mothers day i am going to my daughters preschool today for a "mommy breakfast" it should be fun! 5 year olds serving their mommy's breakfast. FUN! i'll let you know how it goes. on sunday i am planning on sleeping in! my husband will be cleaning the house. at 3 p.m. my friend (who is massage therapist) is coming over and giving both me and my husband massages. (his birthday is tuesday so he gets one too!) then my husband is grilling dinner for me and my mother and my grandma if she can make it. i plan on hopping in the pool at some point as well. and maybe ending the perfect day by watching a johnny depp or joaquin phoenix movie mmmmmmmmm. i refuse to do restaurants on mothers day...just too crowded! brandy
JRinAZ
on 5/12/06 3:14 am - Layton, UT
Hi Pretty Lady! Our entire family is doing Red Lobster (not very clever but very very yummy!) on Saturday evening. It's my food of choice and will take my tastebuds to that "happy place"!!! We'll be doing church on Sunday and then I'll be waited on for the day........My DH always does breakfast in bed which is often annoying actually cuz I don't even like breakfast and I don't sleep in sooooooo....there I am lying in bed pretending to be asleep while clattering is going on in the kitchen! .....Sweet though and gives me a smile over the comedy of it all! ...I always have to be very forgiving over the lack of preparation on my families part. I shop early for everyone else and plan things out in detail. .....Let me just say that I could get an academy award for ooooohing and ahhhhhing over the midnight "drugstore" gifts that have come my way! My favorite gift is to receive a "flat" of flowers that I can plant on Monday afterwards. I LOVE dirt therapy! So, I'm focusing on making MY mom's day the best and my daughter in-laws day happy! If you have reservations then a Brunch somewhere would be soooooooo much fun! South Mountain Orchards? Happy Happy day to you and all the mothers, grand mothers, future mothers!!!! Joyce
Ginger
on 5/12/06 3:32 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Moira, We are gonna have dinner at my house for Mom's Day. It's my turn I think. We NEVER do anything at my mom's house...and my sis (who lives on the way west side) did the party last time. My brother's birthday was May 4th and so we are celebrating that too. Instead of going out to eat, I am doing baked potatoes in the electric roaster, chili,sour cream, cheese, chunks of ham,chives, and other fixins. My friend suggested to just add some nacho cheese (from Costco) and have some toritta chips handy..and wha-la! Nachos. That way there will be plenty of good and bad choices depending on of course, what we choose to put on our plate. Pretty inexpensive meal don't ya think??? especially if everybody brings a topping etc. By the way, I AM a mother..and I HATE mother's day too..it's depressing to me too..I don't think I could ever measure up to all the "feel good cards" out there. My sis and I call mother's day,"guilt day". Why do we need a "day" to show our love to our family members??? It's definately a marketing ploy..don't even get me started on Valentines Day....arrgh! Hugs and smiles
moirap
on 5/12/06 12:39 pm - Mesa, AZ
Wow Lots of great ideas. Joyce I love the flower planting idea. I love fresh flowers but I hate the fact they die. I was always afraid to plant things now with that scorching heat just around the corner but I guess we till have a little time before we toast.Thanks for all your help. I know it is so commercialized and eating out that day can be torture. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!
Most Active