Nervous

Donna B.
on 5/11/06 5:20 am
I have lurked here on website for many months, reading about everyone's upcoming surgeries and how nervous the get prior to surgery. I thought not me, but here it is 5 days before my surgery and I can't stop thinking about it. I keep going over what to bring, items I still need to buy, wondering how soon I can start walking. I bought me new tennis shoes. I should have gone to the Chandler Support group meeting on the 9th but forgot, so I marked my calandar for next on on the 23. Hope I am up to going. I am not worried about the actual surgery, it's the before and after that is getting to me. But I did have question for someone who has been at ST. Lukes. Now I am wondering about the rooms? Do you get a private room or shared? Are the beds normal sized or for larger people? How long will I be there? I was told in a group meeting that the day after surgery around noon I could go home, assuming no complications. Any thing else you can tell me about your hospital stay would be appreciated. You are all so wonderful and inspiring. Thank you for your support.
Darlene X
on 5/11/06 6:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
Your having a revision? So Im not sure if we will have the same answers, cause I don't know if your hospital stay will be different... Im assuming your talking about Phoenix St Lukes?? The beds are fine, my husband was 520lbs, and his bed was just great. They are prepared for larger people at St Lukes. Shared rooms. The stay is generally 2 nights. Hubby had surgery Wed went home Friday. I had surgery Mon and went home Wed.
Donna B.
on 5/11/06 8:00 am
Yes, I am having revision at Phx St. Lukes Thank you for the information.
Darlene X
on 5/11/06 8:08 am - Maricopa, AZ
Dr Fang is really awesome.... you are in great hands. Don't worry, all will be well in the world, you will do fine! Do you have an angel? Darlene
Donna B.
on 5/11/06 8:17 am
No I don't. Not even sure what an "angel' does.
Darlene X
on 5/11/06 8:24 am - Maricopa, AZ
An Angel is there for you Post's an update for the message board about how your surgery went, what room your in if you want visitors--- comes and visits you in the hospital to see how your doing. Darlene
JRinAZ
on 5/11/06 10:26 am - Layton, UT
Hey Donna, Take a deep breath! It's going to be great! ...St Luke's is not the Marriott but their Bariatric floor is all set for our pre-op sizes. The beds are bariatric beds and though the rooms shared (2 of you)...the privacy is pretty decent for the short time you are there. I know they have one or two private rooms that you can schedule to "upgrade" out of pocket (since insurances don't cover the extra) but they are usually booked way in advance. .... You'll be happy to get home asap where you can rest without the vampires gathering blood and people pushing and poking. The stay is really uneventful though if you are complication free. The leak test is probably the worst of it and if you just ask for an empty cup and a cup of water so you can rinse your mouth and spit into the empty cup AFTER drinking the barium stuff then you'll be fine. My sweet nurse that wheeled me down for the x-ray had a s/f breath mint in her pocket that she slipped me after the test....of course I'll deny it if anyone ever asks! LOL! Wouldn't want her to get in trouble! My hubby and I had fine stays .........I had a temporary nurse on one shift that gave me sugared stuff when I was still Diabetic. So, they had to work some magic to get my blood sugars back to normal quickly. My hubby's t.v. wasn't working but I just ran down to the 3rd floor and told Kelly and she had a brand new one installed within the hour. You'll be reporting happy things to us before you know it! Keep us posted! Hugggz, Joyce
Sandy in Tucson
on 5/11/06 12:06 pm - Tucson, AZ
I am a revision with Dr. Fang....was in hospital 2 nights. I had a terrible experience with my 1st surgery in 1979. Read my profile. Ty Sandy
Most Active