From CA to AZ

Dream Achiever
on 5/9/06 3:15 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I've recently moved to Phoenix from California, and haven't been checking the boards much in recent months. I was wondering if there are any support groups in the Phoenix area? *** Diane Post op;rny 6-04
JRinAZ
on 5/10/06 1:22 am - Layton, UT
Welcome to AZ Diane! There is a new support group in PHoenix. They meet on Saturday mornings. I think you can hook up to their support site on www.yahoogroups.com ....their specific addy is something like [email protected]. You are welcome to join us at the Chandler gruop (2nd and 4th Tuesdays). We have people driving to our meetings from all over the valley. We're a fun mix! Good luck! Joyce
Dream Achiever
on 5/10/06 5:35 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi! Thanks for the responses. I live roughly I17 & Dunlap, but one of my jobs is off Tatum, which I think is near Shea (?), so I'll be checking things out as I'm able. I work the next couple of Saturdays, but I'll try to make one of the meetings soon. Diane
desert rat
on 5/12/06 12:38 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Joyce, Thanks for the plug. Diane, You are welcome to come out to the Saturday morning meetings. We meet on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month at 10:00 am, at the Banner Estrella hospital just east of the 101 on Thomas. That's at about 91st Ave. We are a small group and haven't quite found our momentum yet but we are still trying. The link to the site is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WLSPhoenix/ and we'd love to have you. I must admit though, if I lived or worked closer to the Chandler group, I'd go to their meetings in a heart beat! Everyone I've met from that group is so much fun. Where ever you go, welcome to Arizona. Dj
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/06 2:01 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Diane - welcome to Az - what part of the valley do you live in? I go to the Scottsdale Bariatrics support group (92nd St & Shea) - we meet the first Monday and the 3rd Wednesday of each month. Good luck to you!
vquigley
on 5/11/06 11:35 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Diane, Scottsdale Barix Clinic has a support group that meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. The Clinic is located at the 101 and Princess Drive in Scottsdale. When I checked a couple of months I asked if anyone could come or if it was just Barix patients and I was informed that anyone interested in WLS is welcome to come. Anyway, that's the one I've been going to--don't think it is as much fun as the Chandler Group but its a real challenge for me to get to Chandler since I'm in the North Valley. Virginia
Most Active