2 week post op - fleur de lis panniculectomy

Calla Lily
on 5/31/13 8:03 am
RNY on 01/23/12

1 year and 4 months after my RNY with Dr Nohr in Medicine Hat, I had my fleur de lis panniculectomy. I had it 2 weeks ago and so far have had a great recovery and seriously LOVE my new flat belly! I am so pleased with the results of both my RNY, and the skin removal surgeries by him. When he was discharging me from the hospital on May 18th, I said to him, Dr. Nohr, I just really want you to know how grateful and thankful I am to you for doing my RNY and now this "tummy tuck". You have changed my life! He is so humble and said, no, you have done all the hard work, all I did was give you a tool to help you get there!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Scribbles
on 5/31/13 12:44 pm - Canada
VSG on 12/05/13

Looks fantastic!  You've done such an amazing job!

Calla Lily
on 6/1/13 12:49 am
RNY on 01/23/12

Thank you!

Spencerella
on 6/1/13 8:31 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Calla, you look freakin' amazing!  And very impressive work by Dr Nohr too!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Calla Lily
on 6/1/13 11:50 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Thank you so much! 

Nelajoal
on 6/1/13 11:10 am

WOW... you look amazing!!!. I also had the same surgery on the 16th with Dr. Nohr. I had 6.5 lbs of loose skin removed and man does it feel different now,  Unfortunatly, my healing hasn't been as successful as i have a very painful hematoma on my left hip incision that looks like a egg sitting under my skin, and my bellybutton is infected :(   Dr. Nohr is an amazing surgeon and I too thanked him for his skills and compassion.   All the best to you :)    Lana

Calla Lily
on 6/1/13 12:03 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Ohh, I had mine on the 16th too! At 9 am... What time was yours? When we're you released from hospital? I was released the Saturday morning at 9 am on may 18. I wish I would have known you were there, would have loved to meet someone having same operation!  Are your staples out now too? I was so worried about infection, but thank goodness I didn't have any problems (so far) anyway haha when I woke up in recovery, the nurse asked me if I wanted to know how much my panni weighed, and even tho dr Nohr told me it would only be about a pound... I did feel a little sad that all that skin only weighed 1.4 pounds! Did they tell you in the recovery room how much yours weighed as well?

Nelajoal
on 6/1/13 12:12 pm

I went in on the 16th at 1130 am and was released also on Saturday..LOL  Too funny.  It would have been awsome to have known you were there too...bummer.  The nurse told me the next day how much he removed and i was shocked. My staples came out on Thursday (luckily) but the nurse wasn't happy with my hematoma or infection and wanted me to see Dr. Nohr that morn, but he happened to be out of province..lol.  So i see him on Wednesday.   Congrats on the successful recovery...again...you look fantastic!! :)

Calla Lily
on 6/1/13 12:23 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Funny, so we were there at exactly same time! Have you been wearing a binder at home? I wear mind all the time... But I have to start weaning myself off wearing it. Other then the lump and infection, do you feel pretty well? I am really amazed how well I can get around and how well I feel.... I anticipated this to be so much worse then it really has been.... I had a little coughing spell a few days after getting home and omg, I thought I was going to pop my belly button off! It hurt so badly! And after the staples came out, my skin felt extra sensitive for about 24 hours.... But really other then that, my energy has been good and I over all feel well. Congrats to you as well!

dirks34
on 6/1/13 11:37 pm
RNY on 10/31/12

you look wonderful...did it end up costing you anything?

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; a optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"- Winston Churchill

Most Active