Switched surgeons and NOW I feel GREAT!!! Sept 21st here I come!

missyshy
on 8/29/12 7:30 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 Well I started off here wanting a lapband, but with more research and such I bailed on that idea. I then picked a surgeon for the sleeve but then when I read some disturbing info on him I decided I would ask my coordinator about it,  I wasn't judging him but  I felt I had right to ask. Her response was "you need to step away from your computer". My next thought was.... Why? Are you hiding something???  

I cancelled my date with her a week later as I was really quite mad the more I thought about it.  Lost my deposit but really it's only money, I will listen to my gut instincts and I refuse to feel anything but safe!  I am now rebooked, new deposit sent in and the surgeon has already contacted me himself which has just put me at ease. 

Do not settle ladies!  It's hard to self pay, but that shouldn't affect your gut feelings and instincts!!
Kelly-AnneH
on 8/29/12 8:51 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I self paid and it's the best decision I've ever made. Our first grandchild is coming in January and he/she will never know me as "Fat Grammy" who had to watch the world go by because she was too fat and in too much pain to get out there and live.

My hubby put it into perspective,"If you amortize it over the next 20 years of better health it's less than a dollar a day - a bargain!"

That dollar a day is also less than I'm saving on groceries these days, AND less than I'm saving on pain and BP Meds.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

novascotiadawn
on 9/2/12 12:33 pm, edited 9/27/12 2:18 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Most Active