Pre Surgery Calgary Date booked, support needed

missyshy
on 8/10/12 1:25 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
Hello Everyone!

I am booked for my lapband on September 22nd *YAY!* in Mexico,  and I'm in the deep south end of the city (Calgary) and just wondering if theres anyone whos had surgery, having surgery that would like to get together? I would love to build a support network and have work out partners! 

If your interested, please let me know!! 
Thank You
Heather (New Brighton SE)
novascotiadawn
on 8/10/12 6:23 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi...

Why the band? where will you get your fills?

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

missyshy
on 8/10/12 7:29 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 Hi Donna

I went with the band because I like that it is reversible (just in case)

The surgeon has given me the name of a dr here who will do my fills.  That was great as I have read that many don't have that option.  Did you do the sleeve? Can you tell me about your experience? I had considered it but read horror stories that honestly made me nervous. Does anyone on here want to weigh in? An I making the best choice? 
teenuh
on 8/10/12 7:46 pm - Canada
 I'm getting the sleep (i'm still pre op)
The horror stories about the band made me leery...yes its reversable, but it can cause so many permenant damages...
have you spoke or made an appt with the doc who will do your fills? i'd be tempted to make an appt to see him/her first before going to mexico just to confirm the fills and what his procedure would be for fills and follow up care.

HW:369lbs  SW: 296.4lbs CW: 201lbs GW: 180
Surgery: VSG  Date: January 9, 2013
M1 - 24lbs M2 - 11lbs M3- 13.6lbs M4 -13.4lbs m5 -12lbs m6 -12lbs m7- 7lbs

missyshy
on 8/10/12 8:30 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 The sleep? What is that? 
missyshy
on 8/10/12 8:33 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 LOl sorry u meant sleeve ,  I guess in the end they all have risks, I'm actually wishing there was one preferred method.
Keelan
on 8/10/12 10:59 pm
I have the sleeve surgery done here in Edmonton and second to none it's the best decision that I have made in this lifetime. It may not be reversible but it is way better than the lap band and statics have proven it's effectiveness which weighs in heavily over the band. Some say the long term research isn't there for sleeve surgery but it has been used in Europe since the 1970 and after 100's of hours of research I choice to go for it and have had no complications.

I have met so many people who have had the band and thought that it was going to be a wonderful step forward in their weight lost journey only to be let down by it. The constant fills and trying to find a sweet spot only to never lose the weight they have wanted and some have actually even gained weight with having the band. They have had acid reflex problems, band slippage and worst off corroding their stomachs. The revision rate is also very high, and there is a revision forum on here. Also if you have a bigger amount of weight to lose the band isn't the best option for long term success.

In the end only you can make the choice but I would definitely weigh out the pro's and con's of having band surgery. versus the other surgeries. Good luck.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

jennyrenny
on 8/11/12 2:05 am - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
 Hi Heather,

I'm sitting here in Mexico hours from surgery. I'm getting the DS.  I live in Cranston. I would love to get together. I have some supportive friends but nobody who's been through this.

Jenn

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

jennyrenny
on 8/11/12 2:11 am - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
 P.S.

What you get done is really your choice. We are all different and different things work for each of us. I had a band...got it put in Feb 2009 and out Feb 2012. It wasn't right for me. I do know a doctor in town who will provide aftercare...diet and fills. Message me and we will set up a coffee date...well, for me it will most likely have to be a water or protein shake date.

Jenn

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

novascotiadawn
on 8/11/12 7:00 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wishing you well through your surgery!

Would love to meet up with you all..

I'm in Silverado..Had the sleeve

Hugs

Donna.

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Most Active