Disappointed in weight loss

elaynew
on 1/10/11 11:37 am - Mohegan Lake, NY
I had surgery on 12/9 and I am sort of disappointed that I haven't lost more weight.  I started my liquid diet at 336 and was pre-op 315.  So that was good but it's been a month and I'm only at 294.  That's only 21 lbs in a month.  I started going to the gym (today was the first day but I plan to go tomorrow) and did a mile on the treadmill.  (It's not a fancy gym, just a small one in my condo property - so just 2 treadmills, a bike that doesn't work and some weights) but I don't want to fail at this.  I am tracking my food very closely.  I am trying to get all my water in but that has been a bit of a challenge and I returned to work today.

How is everyone else doing?

amberosia02
on 1/11/11 1:12 am
I had my Sleeve on 12-16-2010 and have lost 20.6lbs.
I also work for a weight loss surgical center, and your weight loss up to this point is within the normal range.

Are you eating something small every few hours? This really does make a big difference. How much protein are you getting as well?

Things will pick up, keep your head up!
laurennj38
on 1/12/11 3:18 am
I had surgery on 12/20 and have lost 14 lbs.  I too am not as satisfied as I should be.  My doctor assures me that I am on the right track, but as I weigh myself each morning and it doesn't move, I get frustrated. 

Let's hang in there and do all the right things, and trust the experts that the weight will fall off in time.  All we have is time, right?
elaynew
on 1/13/11 11:58 am - Mohegan Lake, NY
I am trying to eat every few hours. I am getting in anywhere between 50-70g of protein. I am working on more and more.

amberosia02
on 1/17/11 2:42 am

In the beginning I found out that I was doing TOO much protein.  So what I started doing was replacing two of my protein shakes with a healthy snack instead.

I also have added a little big of peanut butter in my morning protein shake. A spike in calories for a few days can get your metabolism going and help you lose weight faster...

I too have problems getting all my water in. Its hard to drink that much now.... You really have to focus on drinking.... That is something that I can improve on greatly! 

KLL
on 1/16/11 8:43 am - CA
amberosia02 is correct.  I had my proximal RNY on 12/23/2010 and have only lost 20 lbs.  I've been concetrating on nutrition and exercising rather than pounds lost.  That is one of many dieters downfall is the scale.  I only weigh once a week.  I too have difficulty in consuming the required 48 oz of liquids.  I don't have any suggestions since this is one of my struggles too.
Troy Roberts
on 1/20/11 2:43 pm - CO
I had surgery on 12/20/2010 I'm down 39 pounds but i found that if i don't walk every day i seem not to lose weight . i walk 2 miles in the morning and 2 at night . now that I'm back at work it is harder because i work 12 hour nights . the one thing i can say is i had surgery for me and i walk for me . keep up your chin and hang in there that is what we are  here for is to support each other . best of wishes Troy
elaynew
on 1/23/11 9:45 pm - Mohegan Lake, NY
Thanks everyone for the positive responses. I'm down 45 lbs at this point.
modestmommy
on 2/6/11 1:38 am - ND
I am in the same boat.  Best advice I got this week from some post op-ers....Don't forget to check your measurements.
My scale hasn't moved in weeks.  I am trying to do everything they say, water, protien, healthy snacks, exercize.  It was excrutiating to feel like I was jumping through all of those hoops just to step on the scale to find NO reward.
The professionals told me that 3-5 weeks post op expect a scale stall- good to know.  (Better to know you know... 2 weeks and a thousand tears ago)
They also said when the scale isn't moving, the measuring tape is.  When the scale does move, the measuring tape stops...as if most bodies can't do both at the same time?  Sure enough...scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks, I have lost INCHES over my entire body and my size 26 jeans are falling off.

kimba11869
on 2/18/11 7:27 am
I Had my surgery one day after you and your a lil fartur than me,, I think oyur right on track hun,, I was worried about it to but my docs says Im doing great,, We are all here for you,

Hw 285 Sw 271 Cw 149 Gw 160
Scheduled for Tummy Tuck Dec 3, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics