Back from RNY 12/7

chele129
on 12/9/09 4:09 am
I had my RNY 12/7 and so far so good I guess. I was going to get released yesterday but just before being discharged around 6pm started getting lots of pain. I was over due on pain meds and pretty sure it was just gas pain. Surgery was at 8, and  I was in my room and then up walking around by 1. It still doesn't even feel real. I've been trying to sip and so far it's going ok, I just have very little urge to drink or eat. Good luck to everyone else!

~ Chele

SherryA
on 12/9/09 10:51 am
Congrats, I can't wait to be there myself.  Hope this next few weeks go smoothly for you.
MargaretHM
on 12/11/09 12:36 am - Lebanon, OH
Keep us posted on your progress. I am glad that it is going well so far.
Margaret    
kedwards09
on 12/12/09 12:54 am - Honey Grove, TX
WoooooHooooo that is great! I too, cant wait to be feeling the experience ....Keep us posted

HW209/SW204.6/GW120
I'm on my way to finding that me on the inside............                    
kgrenier12
on 12/13/09 10:01 pm - pembroke, MA
Hi:
Congrats!

My RNY was 12/8 and everyday feel a little bit better. 

I also have little desire to eat but i find it easier to have fat free chicken broth

Trying to focus on getting all my protein and water in.

Good luck.

Kerry
Brian1977
on 12/14/09 5:05 am
thanks to everyone

and congrats to you too Kerry. I'm not even concerning myself much with protien at this point. My Dr said for the first week just concentrate on getting fluids in and I've been having issues with that alone. I ended up in the ER on saturday getting iv fluids as I was having constant diarrhea and couldn't get fluids in as fast as it was coming out. I am feel better but up until last night was still having pain with swallowing making it difficult to get fluids in.

Brian1977
on 12/14/09 5:07 am
oops this is Chele129. I forgot that I'm using my husband's laptop and it's automatically signed in to his name. (he had RNY on Oct 15)

kgrenier12
on 12/21/09 4:29 am - pembroke, MA
Chele!

how's it going?  i got approved today to move on to the next stage of foods.

I think its great that you and your husband had the surgery.

Has it made the process easier for you>

Take care,
Kerry

SW: 262   CW: 170  GW:155
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 916 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 940 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1137 views