Got my date 12-28-09 RNY

msmanley21
on 12/9/09 9:28 am - Cookevillle, TN
Ok I am ultra nervous. Does anyone fear that the rug will be pulled out from under them and they won't be able to get the surgery?
            Proud mom of Tabby, Johnathon and Melissa

SherryA
on 12/9/09 10:42 am
ahhhh yeah!  I am right there with you.  My surgery is the 28th as well.  It hasn't sunk in yet...maybe after my preop testing.
msmanley21
on 12/10/09 7:03 am - Cookevillle, TN
Monday I start my diet and wednesday I do my preop testing. I am sooo nervous

sharidan
on 12/11/09 4:57 am - CHOUTEAU, OK
I'm with you ladies, my surgery date is Dec. 28th!!! And I still worry that something is gonna come up and I'll get a call saying "Sorry, we were just kidding, no surgery for you".
And I had a stomach virus this week and was very ill, and it made me wonder if that's how I'm gonna feel after surgery???
So many worries and what-if's.

Carybombs1
on 12/11/09 11:10 am
RNY on 12/28/09 with
I feel the same way! I am having the RNY on the 28th and I keep thinking something is going to go wrong before then!
msmanley21
on 12/11/09 12:04 pm - Cookevillle, TN
LOL we need to form a group the December 28th's. Take a deep breath ladies. We will be fine. I hope..lol

LyndseyLouWho
on 12/13/09 10:07 am, edited 12/13/09 10:07 am - Nyack, NY
 I guess I'm the only 28er in this thread not to fear something crazy happening and stalling surgery. I think we've all been through a heck of a lot to get to this point, and I was nervous from the get-go that I wouldn't be approved or something. But ever since my approval came through from my insurance company, the only thing I'm fearing is that foley catheter - lol

Good luck 28ers!  You know, like 49ers...except better. ;)

msmanley21
on 12/13/09 10:44 am - Cookevillle, TN
uhm, ok what is a foley catheter. I know what a catheter is, and I am hoping this is just a simple urine type one. LOL

LyndseyLouWho
on 12/13/09 10:46 am - Nyack, NY
 You're right - it's the one inserted into your bladder...I'm just freaked out about it, because I've never even been admitted to a hospital before. Major stomach surgery - no problem...urinary catheter - oy! lol

Jennifer91778
on 12/26/09 1:07 pm - Sherman Oaks, CA
I am with all you girls!!! I am nervous and excited all at the same time. We will all do great! I agree that we should start a 28er's group!!!  I would love to hear how everyone is progressing and we can be a huge support for each other!  Let's do this!!

Jennifer!

Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 916 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 940 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1137 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1056 views