Got mine today!

Lester A. Fuzell, Sr.
on 12/7/09 1:31 pm, edited 12/7/09 1:36 pm - Palmdale, CA
Left the house at 435am to get to Beverly Hills for surgery this morning.  It was raining and was suppossed to rain all day.  Knew traffic was going to be heavy since it was Monday morning traffic.   I drove as Nikki slept and we were able to use the carpool lane whihc was a Godsend as very little pool traffic.

I arrived at 628am and the Beverly Hills Weight Loss Center, CA was locked up.  Well everyone was inside but the front doors to the building were still locked.   We parked at the side of the buiding.  We were soon let in.  I was given my wrist band soon after signing in and filled out insurance docs.   I went called to the back and was given the obligatory blue "open in theback door" robe.  The nurse took my blood pressure and temperature, read over my chart and then started my IV in my left hand.  I was told that another woman was waiting for the surgery also but Dr. T susually takes the person with the highest BMI first.  As i was a 47 she thought I would be first into surgery.   The bext to come in was the anesthesilogist who went over some paperwork as well confirmed that I was able to take anesthesia.

Dr. T came in soon after affirmed that I was soon to enter for surgery.  He covered my post surgery diet as well scheduled my first office visit.   He gave me his cell for emergency contact.  I was then taken to the operating room.   I was laid on the "cross" spread my arms and had the inflating cuffs placed on my legs.  I saw the time was 815am (my scheduled surgery time was 730am).  My anesthesiologist placed the mask over my face and said that it was oxygen.  I tasted an odd taste in the oxygen.  He injected the sedative and told me to think of dreams...lol,  I looked up at the ceiling wondering how long before things went black.   Id say 15 seconds and I remember waking up in recovery.

I was having a chore catchind my breath but soon got a handle on it.  The nurse gave me a cup of water to sip.   No nausea.   Slight pain but nothing intense.  Started burping I was very groggy of course but in about 1/2 hour was able to sit up and get dressed.   Was placed in a wheelchair to get ready for discharge.   I saw the clock on the wall showed 1113 am. At about 1130am I was wheeled out the the Tahoe and Nikki and I took the hour drive home.  It was srill raining and she got us home.

I felt little discomfort but was groggy.   I thought I was going to take care of some light phome business but after she came back and gave me some paon meds i went to sleep unitl about 455pm.   I was able to sleep on bed on my ususal side.  Funny I wasnt sleeping completely cause I heard the TV which was on but was in a deep rest.  After awakening and voiding my bladder (for the third time) I felt pretty good,   I am not burping anymore, I have no shoulder or chest pain. The pain at the incision sites is minimal with the liquid Vicodin Im taking.   Ive been drinking a lot and can only have a liquid diet for the next five days.  So lots of gatorade, chick and beef broth and jello  (I love jello!)

So now its 816pm.  Im sitting on my sofa watching Monday Night Football drinking Snapple Apple and having another Jello.  Ive had my second Vicodin (3ml) and the injection sites are sore but tolerable.  I have walked around the house fine and showed my little guys the surgery sites which they think are cool!  No more burping, no shoulder pain...yet   I think Dr. T rocks and is just better than all the others! 

So tonight  Ive got five little patches covered with plastic.  I can shower and leave them on tonight.  Im supposed to remove them Thursady andleave the steri-strips (all sutures are internal).  Liquid diet till Saturday them thicker soups till I see Dt. T on Tuesdat.   So there is is my first day Lap-Band surgery experience.   I'll post this for others to read also.
Lester A. Fuzell, Sr.  Pre-333 1/7 3cc-309  1/19 3cc-308  2/2 2cc-300  2/16 1cc-293              
cantwaituntil
on 12/7/09 1:52 pm - greer, SC
congratulations on the surgery!! i go for mine on december 21st i am sooo excited but scared at the same time. please keep posting how you are doing so i know what i am in for. good luck on your new life.  oh yea do you feel hungry at all?
Lester A. Fuzell, Sr.
on 12/7/09 1:58 pm - Palmdale, CA
Dont feel hungry at all.  Ive read that is the case with a few people in the beginning. 
Lester A. Fuzell, Sr.  Pre-333 1/7 3cc-309  1/19 3cc-308  2/2 2cc-300  2/16 1cc-293              
AFWife05
on 12/8/09 6:19 am
Wow, this is an amazing post! Good luck to you and please keep us posted as to how you're doing. I'm so excited and proud of everyone on this board! I can't wait to get my date.
Arlene F.
on 12/8/09 11:23 pm
Wow your post is amazing.  I got banded on November 23, 2009 and they kept me over nite...
You sound so upbeat...I was having issues when I got home (self doubt) but your post is inspirational.
I just went to the doc for follow up yesterday....16 pounds down...I am feeling better about being banded.

First Fill in January.

Good Luck to you!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 916 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 940 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1137 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1056 views