pre op liquid diet

highroller
on 12/8/09 10:28 pm
STARTED MINE YESTERDAY 880 CALORIES PER DAY:
3 ATKINS ADV. SHAKES AND ONE 16 OZ ISIPURE DRANK PER DAY

NOT FUN
Wallace M.
on 12/8/09 11:02 pm - OH
I feel so lucky after reading all of the post.  I am only on a full liquid diet for 3 days, I statr this Saturday.  During this time I need 80 proteins a day and only on the last day starting at noon am I restricted to clear liquids.  My hardest part I know will be on Saturday when my wife and I go to our great-grandsons first birthday party.   
ConNew
on 12/10/09 1:24 am
RNY on 12/18/09 with
You are lucky to be on the liquid diet for only 3 days--mine is 2 weeks and I am in day 6--surgery is 12-18---why are there so many different restrictions for so many doctors on the same procedure?  Is it the size of your liver----the only thing to that is that EVERYONE at my center has to do the 2 week diet--I get-2 shakes a day and 3oz of chicken breast and 1/2 c  green veggie!   I have found Powerade Zero Grape flavor that has been a Godsend to stop hunger. Headache stopped after 3rd day---and that was from caffeine too---I was a Pepsi acoholic!!  Sorry for the rambling--but stressing as the date nears and the holidays near.   Connie
Wallace M.
on 12/11/09 8:12 pm - OH
My wife had her surgery 18 months ago the same place I am having mine.  At that time she was on a 3 day clear liquid diet, it was a good thing I loved her because those were rough 3 days especially after about 8 hours.  Good luck with your surgery.   Wallace
bjlepera
on 12/12/09 7:42 am - Bonney Lake, WA
OMG! your so right the pre-op diet sucks A_ _!*! I was so excited when I got my approval then I said give me a date asap and was offeered 12/22/09. Merry Christmas to me right? Well day 3 of this and I never want to see a banana again....

Breakfast- 1 shake
Lunch- 1 shake
Dinner- 3-6 oz. protien, 1/2 cup starch, and unlimted non-starchy veggies.
and water, water, water!!!

Of course I chose the Bariatrix brand banana flavored shake- Gross!! So in reading all the info I can find it seems maybe I should have choose unflavored so I can add it to anything i am making like soups, fat free milk, veggie juice, sugar free drinks.
I am becoming more imaginative with the non starchy veggies. more filling!! Good Luck!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 918 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 941 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1137 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1056 views