pre op liquid diet

shan49721
on 12/3/09 4:59 am

Pre op liquid diet and I am so hungry...
I took my grand-son through McDonalds today and it was the 1st time that I never ordered anything.. lol
This is so HARD..
But if I can go through a fast food joint and not get anything for myself..I know that I can do it after surgery..
If anyone has any advice..I'd APPRECIATE IT!!

KristyC
on 12/3/09 6:56 am - MN
I have no suggestions other than to say you're right, it's hard.  I'm on day 7 and have 6 more to go!  I can't stand the taste in my mouth, it's awful!!!  It will all be worth it in a few weeks when we're post-op!
shan49721
on 12/4/09 9:03 am
Thanx so much for at least answering my ?!!!
You are so right on it will be worth it when we're post op...
At least we can start the NEW YEAR with the saying a NEW ME!!
Good luck to you!!
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS
and enjoy your NEW YEAR A NEW YOU!!
GOD BLESS!!
lizzysacct
on 12/3/09 8:54 am - Clearwater, FL
I am on my 2nd day and have such a headache!  It will be worth it but this is really hard!  Can you have anything other then the shakes?  My surgeon wants me to have only 5 shakes a day; that is it.
Lakesidemom
on 12/3/09 3:37 pm - Duluth, MN
Wow, only 5 shakes a day, that's so strict.  I start tomorrow, or should I say, in about 8 hours.
I can have 5 protein shakes a day but also chicken and beef broth, low cal vitamin waters, crystal light, V-8, and decaf coffee or tea.  PLUS still need to drink about 64 ounces of water per day.  Remember dehydration can give you a headache.  Of course, so could withdrawal from caffeine.

shan49721
on 12/4/09 9:08 am
I had a headache for the !st  three days..I'm not sure if its normal but my teeth hurt for the !st 2 days..lol
I have 3 shakes a day
1 soup
1 fiber drink
and can have clear broth,sf jello,sf popsicles,water
I wish you the best..
Chembe
on 12/4/09 1:33 pm
I have 3 more days and ugh let me tell you this will have been the longest two weeks of my life!!! I can have 2 protein drinks, water and evening meal of steamed or raw veggies-I'll never look at a cucumber the same again!!!
shan49721
on 12/4/09 9:51 pm

I totally agree with you about the cucumber.lol
And this is the longest two weeks of my life 2..
I wish you all the BEST on your surgery and just think it's the New Years resolution that all women make...2 lose weight!!
I will be glad when the surgery is done and I am back at home with my family..
I have a 4 hour drive to the hospital..

Madelyn09
on 12/5/09 3:17 am, edited 12/5/09 3:18 am
Yes!  The pre-op all liquid diet (mine is Optifast) is hard at first.  But, if you can just stick with it for the first few days it DOES get better.  The headaches to away, the hunger does also, and the food cravings do subside. I was on the all liquid diet twice in the past (losing over 100 lbs each time), so I know how hard it can be at first.  But, promise - it does get better!  Oh - and drink LOTS of water!
shan49721
on 12/5/09 3:31 am

Thank-you so very much for the advice!!!
100 lbs each time..that is GREAT!!!
I will do the water..
Thanx again!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 916 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 940 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1137 views
Sharing my day with you guys