11-11-09

pamela1123
on 11/3/09 8:55 am
Hey all...just had my pre-op today and surgery next Wednesday..I am getting nervous and I am excited..I feel like I have so much to get done before surgery but don't know where you start..I am feeling very overwhelmed.. anyone have any suggestions or advice for things I will really really need after surgery??
Medicfem
on 11/3/09 4:43 pm - Corpus Christi, TX

We have the same date! I am having mine in San Antonio at Northeast Baptist.
I am getting nervous too. I meet with the surgeon on Thursday.

You on a liquid diet too?

Good Luck!

Penny

pamela1123
on 11/3/09 10:56 pm
Hi Penny.. Congrats on your date I am having mine at Parkwest Hospital in Knoxville TN.I am very nervous but I am excited as well.. And I don't have to do the liquids before just afterwards.. How are you doing with your liquids so far? Keep in touch its nice to talk with those who are going through the same thing :)
a_llack
on 11/4/09 2:02 am
Good Luck to you all.  My husband is scheduled for RNY surgery on 11/11.  He has gained some weight so the surgeon told him to go on a liquid diet, and he is starting it now!  He was going to do lapband but after meeting with some of the health care team as part of his work up switched to RNY, which I think is a good decision for him.  The surgeon told him if he is too big for the surgery it will be cancelled, so I really hope he is OK to have his surgery next Wed.  I've wanted this for him for a long time.  He's having it in Raleigh, NC at Rex Hospital.  Does anyone know someone whose surgery had to be cancelled due to insufficient weight loss prior to surgery?  He has his meeting with the anesthesiologist tomorrow and after that it is time for the surgery , we hope!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1886 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 881 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 896 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1264 views