Surgery cancelled after checking in this morning

molly91
on 11/3/09 9:33 am - Boston, MA
Hello Everyone,

I was supposed to have RNY today, I got to the hospital check in finish my paperwork, and went to go to the waiting room, and was stopped by my surgeon. She had an emergency surgery and I lost my time slot.

I was devastated. I had been an emotion wreck on and off for the last twenty four hours, with normal pre surgical anxiety. I really want this surgery and have been researching/going through the program for more than a year. I was so ready but not ready for that. I have now been rescheduled for November 9th.

I cannot imagine going through all that pre surgical anxiety all over again. I am hoping I will not be as bad the next time around.

I am having this surgery to reclaim my life. I have become a prisoner in my own body and I want out. I have two beautiful baby boys 2.5 and 9 months, I cannot be the Mom I so desire to be. I have been married for 7 years, I long to have an active long life with my husband who I love dearly. I long to be the woman I know in my heart that I am. Over the last three years I have been suffering from chronic pain in my knees and back. I have been on and off pain meds and muscle relaxers for most of the last three year, minus pregnancies.

I dream of waking up and being able to live my life unencumbered by pain, and enjoying life and my family to the fullest. I do not want to leave my family prematurely and I believe this surgery will help me achieve my goal.

I currently weight 272, down from 292, and I desire to be 135. I am only 5'1 and this little frame cannot support this weight a day longer and I just pray I have not done any permanent damage.

So I will preserve and try again and Monday and trust that it happened this way for a reason. Thank you for letting me share! Best of luck to you all.

My Goals
:
to be the best me for me, and a better wife/mother to my wonderful husband and two beautiful boys!  

Tonya75
on 11/3/09 11:00 am - IL
Please be encouraged! Just think you are approved to have the surgery...thats a major accomplishment...your just waiting on your day.

Good things come to those who wait!

Good Luck
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

Medicfem
on 11/3/09 4:40 pm - Corpus Christi, TX

Oh sweetie I am so sorry! Think on the bright side.. more time to prepare yourself mentally for this life changing event. Look at the positives.

andrea73
on 11/3/09 9:14 pm
I am so sorry.  I would honestly flip out if that happened to me.  Good lucj for Monday.
8.5 CC in my 11 CC Band

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 11:57 pm
Molly91, I am so so sorry for your disappointment.  I am certain that any one of us would feel exactly the same way.  This is a temporary delay and you will very soon be able to re-claim your life. 

Please hang in there, think positively and keep us posted regarding your new date.

Take care,
Kelli
molly91
on 11/4/09 12:10 am - Boston, MA
Thank you all for you kind words and encouragement. I realize and believe this has happened for a reason and has only strengthened my conviction to have the surgery. Best of luck to you all!!! November 9th HERE I COME!!!

My Goals
:
to be the best me for me, and a better wife/mother to my wonderful husband and two beautiful boys!  

latrattoria
on 11/5/09 10:08 pm
I am going 11/9 also, the best of luck to you too.
November 9th  HERE WE COME !!!!
Dee
Butterfly415
on 11/4/09 2:25 am - BaY aReA, CA
Sorry to hear they had to cancel your surgery, but November 9th will be here before you know it!!!

εїз Butterfly415 εїз     

Highest 331/Surgery 313/Goal 165

L. B
on 11/4/09 11:31 am - houston, TX
Hi, i am also having mine done on 11/9/09 as well. Best wishes to you and good luck long term. Have you been on onlu liquids and for how long? just a thought.... I have been eating regular meals, not sure if i should be concerned.....  Laura
Laura     
CKatGo
on 11/4/09 5:32 pm - VA
Oh, I am so sorry. What a major disappointment. Keep your chin up and think that there must have been a cosmic reason your surgery was rescheduled.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1886 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 881 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 896 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1264 views