back from the hospital, feeling great!

Nataliya B.
on 11/2/09 9:56 pm

First of all THANK YOU ALL  for great support!
My surgery was on Monday morning at 7:30 a.m. Got to the hospital at 5:30, pre-op RN started IV, vital  signs, etc. At 7 a.m took me to surgery, where I met anesthesiologist, then my doctor came, we talked to couple of minutes, and before I knew it I was moving my behind from gurney to OR table. Then anesthesiologist said...take a deep breath and that was it. Woke up in post op for a moment when my Xray was taken ( one view abdomen). Surgery was 1,5 hours because I also had EGD, hiatal hernia repaired and one of skin moles taken out. By 10:30 a.m. I was in my room. Very sleepy. My DH was waking me up every 10 minutes to take deep breath in 3-4 times. No pain pump. Actually almost no pain either. I had chicken broth at 1 p.m and walking outside at 2 p.m ( yesterday was beautifull day, around 80 degrees, sunny, I'm in California). Then came back had IV antibiotic and was released by 6p.m. My doctor wants his patients to stay overnight, but I begged him to let me go home. I never slept in the hospital, this was my first time being a patient, not an employee. At home I didn;t  have much pain, a little sore around my port ( right and up from belly button). My DH insisted on taking liquid pain medicine ( kinda like vicodine), so I did and slept from 9 p.m till 6 a.m. Woke up with no pain, just had sips of tea and typing this. Also, had no shoulder /gas pain, maybe not yet, don't know. I had a catheter in OR, but it was in/out while I was under the anesthesia. I only knew about it because RN told me.  Overall great experience. I was afraid, and second questioning myself, now I think if I knew how easy it was I'd done it earlier. Sorry for the long message, just want to share my expreince. DH took pictures of my belly, will upload later to my profile. The main issue now is to keep my 3 cats from sleeping on my belly, they are so used to this:)
thanks again for all the support!
Nataliya.
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 12:16 am
That is wonderful news!  Congratulations!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1886 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 881 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 896 views
one year mark month.
laurie R. · 14 replies · 1264 views