any advice on making medifast tasty?

Savannahsmom
on 10/1/10 5:15 am

it's getting challenging to stay on this...

MARK B.
on 10/2/10 8:49 pm - INDIANAPOLIS, IN
good morning
 i am having my surgery with Dr Clark on 10-07-10
i found for me that if i make them really cold that they seam to taste better
 i also mix two flavor's together
i use the vanilla to cut the flavors of the strawberry or the chocolate
i love the banana one
 i use really cold water or i make them up and freeze them just until they start to freeze and take them out and drink
have stuck to the basic flavors of chocolate, strawberry , vanilla , and banana
let me know if you would like to try any of these flavors i have lats and could meet with you some time this week and give you some of any of the ones you would like to try
 i also recommend that if you do not have a "blender ball shaker  cup " that you get one
 i found that if i shake them just before i take a drink each time that they don't seem to separate
take care
best of luck to you
 mark
HW 497 09/08 / SW 403 10/07/10/ CW 11/11 283
http://facebook.com/MCBUTLER64       /     [email protected]

Savannahsmom
on 10/3/10 2:46 am
Mark;
Congrats you are almost there! :)
I have tried all the different kinds and so far I am only liking the dutch chocolate which seems to taste like cake mix.  I mix it with cold coffee and ice with just a tiny splash of ff cream and it's so tasty, but I don't want to drink it more than once a day cuz it would get to be too much I think.
I have tried mixing strawberry and banana and strawberry and orange but it's all such a chore, I miss the taste of bread but i know that this will make it worth it. thanks for your reply.
WhatTheGut
on 10/6/10 12:08 pm - Dallas, TX
Was on medifast for a year as one my attempts to avoid WLS. I really enjoyed adding  any of the nut-flavored Capella flavor drops to the chocolate or banana shakes. They are unsweetened, which I prefer. You probably can't get them in time for surgery, so I sometimes used almond extract or the DaVinci sugar free hazlenut syrup in a pinch - both available at my grocery store.

I detested the orange shakes, but did like mixing the MF vanilla with prepared Crystal Light Orange Sunrise instead of water. You can do cherry crystal light with the chocolate shake.

If you have the MF pudding mixes, blend them with a shake for a thick treat. (counts as 2 meals) - I did that on days where I was too busy to have them all on schedule. If not - I imagine that you could mix in a Tbsp of sugar free Jell-O pudding mix. I liked butterscotch, pistachio, chocolate and banana pudding for mixing in with protein shakes.

Pumpkin Pie spice or cinnamon and  a little Splenda mixes well in the vanilla.

The real trick is figuring out the right amount of water,ice, and blend time, and having a blender that is up to the task with the ice.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Failed again
Norma 1010 · 0 replies · 963 views
Anyone here anymore?
Heather Lundquist · 3 replies · 1087 views
Cravings
peaceandlove · 1 replies · 804 views