6 month supervised diet ?

jamie4440
on 10/1/08 11:24 am
I have a question. What are we trying to accomplish with the 6mth supervised diet? Do they want to see that we CAN lose weight on our own or CANNOT lose weight on our own?

Jamie
bornagain
on 10/1/08 11:28 am

I think that is the answer...

Have you done weigh****chers anytime in the last 2 years?  IF so, check with your insurance company to see if they will accept that as part of your 6 month supervised diet.  I was able to contact weigh****chers and get the times I paid the monthly fee and send that to my insurance company.  I was surprised when they accepted as documentation.

DebHoots2
on 10/1/08 11:48 am - NY
I think it's a stalling tactic.  They want you to get frustrated and go away!!
mainegal
on 10/1/08 8:18 pm - Thomaston, ME

My program did not require 6 month's supervised, but does advocate health eating and weight loss while going through the required appointments. Our weight is taken at each Nut and MD visit.
It is a way of getting to know your body, being able to ask questions of the nut when you have those appointments and getting ready for surgery and your new relationship with food.
It has taken me 1 year to get from the 1st referral to surgery next Monday. I'm glad I had that time to deal with emotions, holidays, and really explore what I am doing.
If you can't eat healthily before surgery I would imagine it would be much harder after surgery. As they say it's not brain surgery, just a tool.

Emily     SW 320, Pre Surg 271.3, Lowest 189.8 Current 212.9 GW -155-188
Continuing the weight loss journey 10 pound goals at a time.  June 2011

sunfire
on 10/2/08 3:27 am - College Park, MD
According to my doctor's office, the insurance companies are looking for some behavior change and weight loss or sustained weight to show a commitment to changing your lifestyle. Besides, losing weight before the surgery can help amke surgery and recovery easier.

I lost about 10 lbs in my supervised visits, and my insurance company approved me within a day of submitting--so they aren't trying to "trick" you, I don't think.

Good luck!!
maitri
on 10/2/08 7:21 am
On October 1, 2008 at 6:24 PM Pacific Time, jamie4440 wrote:
I have a question. What are we trying to accomplish with the 6mth supervised diet? Do they want to see that we CAN lose weight on our own or CANNOT lose weight on our own?

Jamie
Hi, I had the sleeve in feb/08 and i been supervised for this months after, and it means that if you stop loosing weight at the same speed they will change your intake (portions) and the exercise routine they give you and help you to improve your metabolism rate, that's why is sow important.
Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1319 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1282 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 932 views