Liquid Protein diet starting 9/30/08 ... anyone else?

Amy R.
on 9/29/08 10:48 am - El Dorado, AR
My surgery is October 15th and I start my liquid protein only shakes tomorrow.  Anyone else out there going through this with me?

Amy R
mewiltom
on 9/29/08 11:55 am - Champaign, IL
 I started mine last wednesday and i hope your goes by fast it is very hard but just think you have 2 more weeks till your surgery and i have one more for mine just keep you eye on the prizes I will see you in the loser side

I thank god im almost on the other side.

susie64
on 9/29/08 12:20 pm
I'm starting mine on Wednesday.  My surgery is on October 16th - moved from October 14th.  we'll go through it together!

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
Amy R.
on 9/29/08 1:18 pm - El Dorado, AR
Thanks Ladies, I think keeping my eye on the goal is the ONLY way I can do this.  I so hope I can make it.  Susie, what are you eating tomorrow?  Wait no do tell me it may be tomorrow before I read this and I will want some too!

Amy R.
lessofme2008
on 9/29/08 3:05 pm - IL
Good Luck!

I have been on liquids for 8 days. My surgery is on Oct 7th. It seemed that once you get past the first 3-4 days that it does get better!!!
Amy R.
on 9/30/08 10:33 am - El Dorado, AR
I have seen many post that say after day 3-4 it gets better.  Well can I go to sleep and wake up on Saturday!  I have a head ache and I really want to eat something.   I have had four shakes and some pickles today and 60 ounces of water.  I knew this evening would be the hardest, I am a night eater.  The shakes are the best in the world either. 

Last night I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to eat, today I can think of a million things I wish I would have eatten.

Tomorrow is the 1st so only 14 more days to go!

azrosebud07
on 10/1/08 5:24 am - Chandler, AZ
I start my shakes tomorrow.......surgery date is October 16.  What type of shakes are you guys drinking?
bornagain
on 10/1/08 11:26 am
I have been on mine for about a week...I've fallen off the wagon a few times but this week I've gotten better... I ate a small salad today and that's it.  The rest has been protein shakes, soup and water.
KARIEKASH
on 10/3/08 3:53 am - Canada
Hi ,
My name is Bonnie and my sugery is on the 18th and i just stsrted the shakes today.
thats a long time without food. HA! HA!
hope to talk yo you soon.
Bonnie
 and good luck.
Amy R.
on 10/4/08 6:54 am - El Dorado, AR
This is day 5 and I have stuck to the diet.  I have only had 4 of the 5 shakes a day.  I have had a couple of pickles each day and yesterday and today, instead of putting the 1/4 cup fruit in my shakes I have eatten half an apple.

I have lost 10 pounds but was hoping for more, considering how hungry I am.

We can't have any other food other than the 1/4 cup fruit with each shake or pickles.  Dr. Baker has been know to close up back up and not do the surgery if he finds food in your stomach.  Also I have to fax in my weight and if you don't lose the weight, you don't have surgery.  That is the only two things that are keeping me going.   I am thinking this is going to be the hardest part of the surgery!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old habits die hard
vb2305 · 1 replies · 1319 views
Off Track
barigal1 · 0 replies · 1282 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 932 views