I Have two questions

dlg253
on 10/25/07 6:05 pm
How long did it take you all to get approved by your insurer? Also, how long did it take to get a surgery date if approved?
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/07 12:12 am - Independence, LA
Demetria, sorry can't help you, i have wanted the surgery for the past 10 or so years, non of the insurance we had would cover it. soooooooo i said the hell with it and saved for it. Cash pay here, not to bad. Surgery date 10/31/07 just waiting now!! Cougar
katznyarn
on 10/26/07 4:40 am - Broken Arrow, OK
To your first question, received my letter in the mail 11 days after it was received by my insurer (UHC). Now I am waiting to get call to schedule surgery date.
wynotha
on 10/26/07 11:49 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Demetria. I'm also self pay for my surgery. I work for the State of Oklahoma in the Department of Human Services and our employer will not allow any insurance program to offer weight loss surgery any more to its employees. It would rather pay for higher expenses related to obesity such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc. Therefore, my husband and I took out a home equity loan for my surgery. What I'm waiting on now is losing the 35 pounds before I get a surgery date. I weigh in tomorrow morning to see how I did this week on Weigh****chers. I hope you have an insurance that will see the preventive measure and realize that it is in their best interest to pay for this up front than to pay for more expensive measures later on down the line. Good luck in getting your insurance company to approve really quick. Don't give up if they deny it at first - file an appeal and contact obeseityhelp.com for attorneys who deal with insurance companies.
Angel O.
on 11/4/07 2:03 am - HomeTown, TX
Hey Demetria, I set up my first appointment with the surgeon, on July 27th, he sent me for some other med evals ~ sleep study etc, I was approved for surgery on August 8th! I have Tri-Care prime. I had several hoops to jump from the approval date. My surgery was on October 22nd, I have lost 14.6 pounds in 11 days (that was the last time I weighed. My prayers are with you, I know how intense all the hoops can be to get approved. Let me know if you have other questions, I would be happy to help! Blessings, Angel
u_wanna_angel
on 11/8/07 3:34 pm
I am having the worst time finding things to eat. It would be great if i just had someone plan my meals for me.... :-)
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views