I ASK FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!

dlg253
on 10/21/07 5:20 pm
Hello everyone, let me start off by telling you a little something about myself. I Demetria, a 19 year old college student. I have been struggling with my weight everysince I was born. I have always been too big and have tried everything to lose this weight from atkins to go without food altogether, but one day I came home from school crying my heart out when I say a commercial for lapband, I feel that the lord had wanted me to see that and it was meant for me. Now, I ask you all to pray for me, and that the lord will allow my to have this surgery, I am still waiting to meet my doctor, so i am just in the early process, but I ask you all to pray me.
kevin79
on 10/22/07 2:20 am - clarkston, WA
hey girl!!! i will totally pray for you!!! i am almost 4 weeks post op rny and i totally know what your going through! i was there in the begining and it will get better i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and if you need anything let me know!!! you are awesome and may God bless you indeed!! amen!!! kevin
wynotha
on 10/22/07 9:24 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Demetria, I saw the same type of commercial one day and it has starting changing my life. My suggestion is to find the bariatric center in your area and attend the seminar and support group meeting they may offer and make an appointment for a dr consultation. I am in the losing weight before surgery phase and have to lose 35 pounds. Of course, I don' know what kind of health insurance you have or if you will be private pay like myself, but start getting it all together so that everything will be ready when you make the decision and you've done all the research to see which is the best for you. I chose the lap band due to the versatility of the band and the fact that if you decide to have a family in the future you can un-fill the band during pregnancy and have no ill effects from it during pregnancy. That was not my reason, mine was for future health problems I would be as natural internally so they could do scopes the regular way by just having my band un-filled. I wish you success and keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.
bossyskybaby
on 10/22/07 1:46 pm - Plano, TX
Welcome to OH and you will always have my prayers. I hope that you will be able to have the surgery. Remeber we are all part of God's divine plan. If you need any support, please feel free to send me an email. Keep me in your prayers aswell, I am scheduled for the RNY on 10/31/2007. Luv, BossySkyBaby
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/07 1:43 pm - CA
Hi Demetria, My prayers are with you. The starting process can be a bit trying but hang in there. I started where you are a month and a hal*****omorrow is my surgery date. My prayers are with.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views