Lost My Best Friend this Week

PudsMom
on 10/19/07 1:43 pm - ID
I had my RNY on Tuesday, the 16th. I feel much better than I thought I would post op. I'm walking and sleeping and eating a clear liquid diet. I am already so tired of Jello and chicken broth! I can't go to soft food until next Tuesday. This evening, though, I was watching the Food Channel (yeah, yeah, I know) and I suddenly realized I have lost my best friend. I feel so alone. I called my daughter and told her how I feel and all I got was "I don't know what to tell you, Mom". I then called my friend who had this surgery two years ago, and she says she felt the same way. I imagine these feelings are normal. Did any of you feel this way after surgery? Anyway, I will try to stay away from the Food Channel, but I am looking forward to adding some variety to the menu.
Yelena K.
on 10/19/07 5:37 pm - Plymouth, MN
I assume you are referring to food as your best friend... if so, then I will take a someone light approach to the issue. Think of it not as though you lost your best friend, but that you lost your worst enemy. And yes, it may have felt like you loved this enemy... but there's such a thing as Stockholm Syndrome... and this might be a case of it. It'll get better.
Jeni C.
on 10/20/07 2:01 am - Santa Nella, CA
I understand what you are feeling. I havent had surgury yet, but I've been thinking about my relationship with food and how it will change. As you start to loose more weight and more weight; your feelings for this "friend" will change because you wont have so mu*****ommon. You will choose your "friends" differently. Just like any relationship, as we get older we end up choosing to have relationships with those who have better values and make better decisions. Happy healthy friends is whats in store for you! ;o)
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views