Psch Evaluation?

Jeni C.
on 10/20/07 1:52 am - Santa Nella, CA
Hello everyone! I have a consultation appt. with a doctor to discuss LB. The receptionist informed me that I would also need an appt. with the Psch and the nutritionist. I'm not so worried about the nutritionist as I am about the phsc appt. Should I be nervous? What do they ask or do they give you a test?
kevin79
on 10/20/07 1:58 am - clarkston, WA
hey jeni i am 3 weeks post op lap rny and i had to do a psych eval and all they asked when i had that is what i knew about my surgery if i took drugs or drank um really to see if you are of sound mind to do your surgery and thats about it so i hope you have done your homework about your lapband and you should be fine well take care and keep us updated and remember you are awesome!!!! kevin
Deborah B.
on 10/20/07 4:50 am - Kalamazoo, MI
Don't worry about it. They do it to screen out anyone who may have an eating disorder, underlying depression, or have unrealistic expectations of the surgery. My psych eval was a two session "talk" with the second session having depression screening questions. It's a good thing that they do it.... Deb
DiannaLynn
on 10/21/07 2:09 am - Rozet, WY
I REALLY WAS A HORMONAL MESS AT MINE AND HAD TO RETURN A FEW DAYS LATER AND WAS BACK TO MY NORMAL SELF BY THEN. THE FIRST VIST SHE ASKED ME THE NORMAL QUESTIONS. WHY I WANTED THE SURGERY AND ABOUT MY LIFE LONG STRUGGLES WITH MY WEIGHT AND FOOD. THEN SHE HAD ME TAKE A MULTIPLE CHOICE TEST. I THOUGH SOME OF THE QUESTIONS WERE FUNNY. DO YOU HATE YOUR FATHER THINGS LIKE THAT AND WATCH OUT FOR THE WORDING OF SOME OF THE QUESTIONS. IT TOOK MINE TWO WEEKS TO TYPE UP THE REPORT AND IT WAS GETTING CLOSE TO MY SUGERY DATE, SO I HAD HER FAX IT TO MY DOCTOR AND I GOT APPROVED LAST WENDSDAY. MY SURGERY IS THIS TUESDAY.WHEW!!!. IN OTHER WORDS DON'T SWEAT IT. YOUR NOT ANY NUTTIER THAN ME. DIANNA
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/07 12:46 am - Raleigh, NC
Hey! I am about to be in the same place that you are in (I have an appointment with my PCP next week to discuss WLS options and to find a surgeon), and I have a lot of the same feelings as you do! I am scared to have the psch evaluation. I'm not sure what kind of questions they are going to ask me, or if they are going to ask questions that can be misinterpreted and such. I would love to talk to you about your experience with the psch dr and see what it was like, and what things they asked you. I have wanted this surgery for the past 4 years and I think the one thing that has been holding me back is the psch eval...I'm afraid that I will be to anxious/nervous to be myself. I was also told by my insurance company that my "out of pocket" expense would be greater if I were to have the surgery in a clinic, as opposed to in a hospital. Has anyone had their surgery done in a clinic? If so, I have been doing reasearch to find the perfect clinic and haven't found anything yet. Anyone have any suggestions?
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views