Liquid diet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

victoriaboos
on 10/15/07 11:10 pm - MI
Hi, I am on the second week of my liquid diet. I am now down to 850 calories which is about 3 protein drinks a day - my doctor ordered me this special drink to help with recovery and it is just awful.. unfortunately I need to have 2 a day with only 1 drink being my choice.. it is hard and I could use some encouragement from those of you who have made it through... My surgery date is )ct 23rd - one week from today.. I am so anxious and ready-- Love and prayers to all Vikki
goat
on 10/16/07 4:03 am - NC
Hang in there Vikki! It will all be worth it! I'm right behind you on 10/29
Kristy R.
on 10/16/07 12:00 pm - Payette, ID
Hi Vikki, It's Kristy, we need to cry together, You can call me any time, our surgery is the same day, I got your message and I just posted something on the main, rny, and 50 over BMI Board about if I go over 375, My surgery is canceled! Kristy
Angel O.
on 10/16/07 1:24 pm - HomeTown, TX
Hey Vikki, I am only on my second day of the pre-op liquid diet and today is better, yesterday I thought I would starve! I have tried like 5 different protein drinks and most made me gag! My surgery is next Monday, October 22. I am on the same boat as you. I will keep you in my prayers. We can all swim to shore together. I am here cheering for all we "October's". Blessings, Angel
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/07 6:04 pm - CA
Hi Vicki, I right with you. I started my liquid diet about three week ago, before I even got a date. I always feel like I'm staving. I try to mimic what would be expected of me once I have the surgery. My Date is the 25th so I feel your pain. Hang in there. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Deborah B.
on 10/19/07 4:39 am - Kalamazoo, MI
Hi Vicki, i'm on day nine of liquid diet, so I feel your pain!! Hang in there. You know that Dr. Vereseman is the best. Deb
Mentalcase101
on 10/19/07 10:39 am - Helena, MT
I understand. I have been on the liquid diet for 5 days. I don't know how we are supposed to do this for 2 weeks. Are you allowed to have SF pudding? I am and you can mix unflavored protein powder in it. My descovery is that if you make the pudding and let it sit overnight...surprise! it doesn't taste like it has protein powder in it anymore. Anyways...my surgery date is the 29th. I am excited. However, my stomach is still 3 quart size and my allowed foods don't make it stop grumbling. I drink a lot of ice water and chew gum. That is how I have made it this far. Good luck. My prayers will be with you. Shonna
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views