Pre-Op Liquid diet suggestions

Angel O.
on 10/14/07 9:53 pm - HomeTown, TX
Hey all! I start my pre-op liquid diet today. I read this weekend that soups qualify. Is that any soups? Please provide suggestions. I have EAS protein drinks, the Bullet, Isopure and Nectar. This will be a long week as you all have experienced. If you can think of anything I may add, please let me know. I am sooooooo excited. Monday is my surgery day...... a new life. Keep me in your prayers, I appreciate all your input/advice. From when I stand, you all that are now post-op are the experts! Blessings, Angel
nieceb
on 10/15/07 12:18 am - GA
Hi my big day is in two days and I have to do this liquid for the next two days before surgery. All I know is to not over do it because Monday will be here before you know it. just easy does it. I'm very excited and anxious to so I'll be praying for you to that all goes well. Peace and blessing
Becky0227
on 10/18/07 4:10 am - CO
Hi my name is Rebecca and i live in England i had my op on the 25th sept 2007 and i had to do the milk only diet for 7 days i had to drink 4 pints of semi-skimmed milk, two pints of water and 1 salty drink and diet drinks. I know it seems hard but time will fly Good luck you'll do great.
goat
on 10/15/07 1:31 am - NC
Interested to hear the answer too, as I will be going on liquids next week. Good luck to both of you as your surgery date approaches.
Alice Urrutia
on 10/15/07 2:08 am - Fresno, CA
Hello there, I popped over to your board from the January 2007 board an I have a few suggestions for you I only had to be an a liquid diet the day before my surgery and two weeks after my surgery. The best suggestion is broth but it gets boring especially after you have it for breakfast lunch and dinner. I was told by my doctor that I could have other soups as long as I strained out the solid and only had the juice. that worked fine for me. Progresso chicken noodle is great. I basically lived off of Sugar Free popsicles. Ice tea, and coffee. Good luck to you all with your up ******* dates. Warmly, Alice
Mentalcase101
on 10/15/07 11:08 am - Helena, MT
Good luck. My surgery is on the 29th. I have to do a liquid diet for 2 weeks. The protein powder the doctor has ordered is not the best tasting either. I have just been beefing up on the water intake to make my stomach feel full today. I don't know how to make it through 2 weeks of this. The hard part isn't that we can't live on it, it is that we are still HUNGRY! But it will be worth it. I can't wait to see the pounds come off! Keep me informed. My diet does include broth but that is about it.....It really depends on your surgeon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views