5 months in and hair loss ????ANd weight loss stopped help

Jilly3
on 10/11/07 11:13 am - smithtown, NY
Hello I am losing my hair now is this common so far into the surgery? And the scale hasen't moved in 3 weeks. Any advice? I also cannot have fruit ir dairy without having stomach problems...... Thanks, Jill
kystarlette1
on 10/11/07 2:08 pm
Jill, First I was wondering which surgery you had? I had the lapband three months ago and just very recently I am experiencing hair loss. It really bothers me and I asked my doc about it and he said just to make positive that I take my vitamins every day because it is malnuritiousment that is causing the loss.SO whatever you do,make sure you take them it is so important for your well being.As far as the weight issue,I never really lost anything until I started doing really high protein and low carb(which technically is what we are suppose to do anyhow)I lost 13 lbs in the first month of doing that,so it does work! I virtually have no metabolism and if it works for me it will for anyone!ANYHOW, good luck! and hang in there!! take your vitamins and get lots of fluids so you will stay nurished and that should help with your hair. Thursann Hensley
lilbunny
on 10/12/07 9:40 am - Richmond, VA
Make sure you take your vitamins and get your protein in. My doctor says,"PROTEIN, PROTEIN, PROTEIN!!!" I read that Biotin helps hair, nails, and skin. I would also do some research and ask your nurse prac. or doctor before taking any thing. The pills are large. I have to cut them. My surgery was on 9/13/07(lap. gastric bypass) . I have started taking them because I have read and I ask my nurse pract. she said," around 5 to 6 months after surgery your hair will thin or come out, but this should not last". I hope this helps! Good luck and I wish you well.
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/07 3:15 am - Rowlett, TX
You should get a shampoo with BIotin and take Biotin supplements. I understand it very common, but can be mitigated with extra protein + Biotin. I have my surgery Tuesday and I'm getting Biotin today.
D. goza
on 10/14/07 9:49 pm - richmond hill, GA
Like everyone is telling you, your probably not getting enough protein. Biotin helps, or is supposed to. Also, get you some shampoo with green tea. It stimulates the follical.
djneska
on 10/18/07 3:06 am - baltimore, MD
according to the nutritionist i saw, some hair loss is expected 5-6 months out following ANY major surgery, but everyone else is right that more protein will help you lose less, also it is NOT permanent, your hair will grow back if you keep taking your vitamins
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views