new to this..someone please help!

jlnmarko
on 10/11/07 9:26 am - Cullman, , AL
Hey ya'll. I live in Cullman and really am looking for a supportive friend to talk to. Surgery date is Oct 30. I am excited and scared.
kevin79
on 10/11/07 12:50 pm - clarkston, WA
hi jenny my name is kevin and i am a week and a few days post op gastric bypass and if there is anything i can do to help whether its to just listen or to answer questions feel free to messege me back and ill be here for ya and remember you are awesome!!! kevin
wynotha
on 10/12/07 5:05 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Jenny. My name is Wynotha and I live in Oklahoma. I'm just in the beginning stage of having the lap band surgery. I have my consultation with the surgeon next Tuesday and I'm a little nervous about it. I think it is normal to be a little nervous on such a big change in our lives. I'm looking forward to having my surgery and getting a 2nd chance at life. If I can be a source of support/encouragement, please email me at [email protected] and put lap band friend in the subject line so I won't delete it. I get so much spam that I just delete it if it doesn't have something about lap band friend. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
Vicki Browning
on 10/12/07 10:59 am - IN
Jenny I am a lap band patient and I am 5 weeks post op and have lost a total of 36 lbs. I am too looking for supportive friends to talk to. I will tell you I was a very very high risk patient and had to stay in ICU 3 days but I had no complications little pain first 48 hours and was totally off pain medication after that. I have had no post op problems and doing well. Your first week after surgery will be the worst days cause you will want to eat and can only have liquids and I had no support that first week. But everyone here on this board is very supportive it seems so never think you are alone. Good luck with your surgery and just think positive :-)
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/07 3:29 am - CA
Hey Jenny, I'm Brenda. My surgery is the 25th and I feel the same. Ready for it but scare of the unknown. I try to keep in mind that the Doctors do these surgery everyday and I believe they can tell who will have problems before hand. I also view it that I ask God for help and this is how he choose to give it to me. In any case the fear and excitment is normal. Just try to think of the positive things. Like that tiny black dress you always wanted to wear.
HorsinBuggie
on 10/18/07 12:52 am - Northport, AL
hi jenny, my name is Marie and I am also new. I have a surgery date on 10/23/07 for lap band. I am scared but know I have made the right decission to have WLS. Supportive family and friends will help. Keep in touch as we go through this together.
Becky0227
on 10/18/07 4:06 am - CO
Hi Jenny. My name is Rebecca and i live in England and have had a gastric bypass on the 25th september 2007. I was supposed to have keyhole surgery but on the day of my op i was told that it would be better if i had open surgey as the results would be better. The surgery itself took about 3 hrs and i remember coming round and and as the room was white i thought have i died and gone to heaven (lol!) but then someone gave me a pat on my shoulder and said well done! the first night i was in the ITU (intensive care unit) this is normal here they keep a good eye on you but i was knocked out with all the anesthetic i slept like a baby and was pain free, then the next day i was encouraged to walk but as i had an epidurial my legs were numb so on day 3 i was up and about walking and by the 4th day i was having showers and walking upstairs and all! on day 5 i was discharged my surgeon was so shocked as he said my recovery was real quick and i was the first patient he's had *****covered so fast and i didn't even use any of the pain relief i was offered such as morphine, so i tell you if i can do it so can u. I know exactly how u feel but rest assured you'll be just great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views