Do I need an unfill????

kystarlette1
on 10/8/07 10:14 am
I had my 3rd fill a week ago,since then every solid thing I eat regergitates (sry,I know thats yucky to share)and I can barely get anything down UNLESS it is something I shouldnt be eating,like ice cream,mash potatoes,or really soft food,when you are on a high protein diet as you guys all know, you cant eat those soft foods. Since my surgery- by the end of the month before my docs apt. I can always tell Im needing a fill and so I want to try to just wait this one out,Im afraid they will think Im over reacting but in the same token, Im scared I will damage something having to spit up every time I eat a solid item of food.I cut everything into very tiny pieces,and I chew the heck out of it so Im not sure what is going on??Any of you guys went through this too? What should I do?? Thanks, Thursann Hensley
wynotha
on 10/9/07 8:42 am - Oklahoma City, OK
HI. I haven't had the band surgery yet, but in the process towards it. At my support group meeting the other night someone was asking about what to do after a fill that felt uncomfortable and the bandsters that had gone through that had several suggestions. Some called their dr's office and had some taken out, others tried going back on liquids for a week or so and gradually building back up to solids. Hope this helps you with some alternate ways to try. I would never care what the office staff thought. I would probably call the dr.
jttaurus
on 10/10/07 12:58 am - Charlotte, NC
Call your dr, if you cannot eat your band is probably too tight or your not chewing enough. I tend to think your too tight. Go and join a band site to get better support and feedback. I know most people here are RNY and not banded. Good Luck.
kystarlette1
on 10/11/07 2:01 pm
Thanks guys for your input,Im currently trying to cope with this,Im hoping it will be okay because usually towards the end of the month Im usually needing a fill anyhow. However I dont think I will be getting my fill for this month, might have to skip!but if things dont get any better I believe I will go back in for an unfill.Thanks for your comments! Thursann
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views