Home from hospital.........

Kelli P.
on 10/7/07 8:04 am - Cedar Hill, TX
I went in on Friday, got home yesterday. Sore, tired, but trying to get up and get the walking in and the water.........I am ready for the mushy stage on foods--definately looking forward to that. I have been eating broth, popsicles, protein shakes, water. I have crystal light but haven't felt like drinking that yet; just doesn't sound good. Is Jello allowed on liquid stage or mushy stage? I just feel like i need something with some consistency. Other than that I guess I am well. Staples are sore in some areas. I had my surgery at Renaissance. Nurses were great! Rooms were cold, but I like cold so that didn't bother me. Any questions, please feel free to ask. Comments definately welcome. Being on the computer forces me to sit up instead of lay down all the time..................... Kelli
kevin79
on 10/7/07 8:10 am - clarkston, WA
hey kelli i totally relate to you i am sore and trying to get up and walk too! you know in the hospital they gave me pudding and jello right after surgery so i would guess that it is alright to eat now and i was told to go ahead with baby 1st foods so i have been doing that and it hasnt bothered me so i hope this helps make sure everything is sugar free messege me back talk to you later and rmeember you are awesome!!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/07 8:30 am - CA
Glad to know your okay. As I was tell kevin, I'm on the 25th. I,m a lttle nervous but am even more ready of not thinking about my weight everyday of every year. I know the new lifestyle won't be easy but I feel my lifestyle now is more difficult. Dieting all the time, exercising two to three times a week and still can't seem to get the weight off. Almost everyone in my family struggles with weight. So thanks for being an inspiration. Good Luck.
karenh701
on 10/9/07 4:07 am
I read on another message board that you could put chicken noodle soup in the blender then drink it. But I don't know for sure. Good luck my surgery date is oct17
poohbear13601
on 10/16/07 1:37 pm - Albany, NY
hey kelli, glad your not feeling too bad. I had the surgery the 10th, and to be honest i am not feeling as well as i think that i should be, but i think most of it is that i am not getting enough liquids in. think i am getting dehydrated, trying to push the water but i can't seem to take it. I tried the crystal lite today, didn't think that i wanted it either but i thought that it couldnt really hurt. Well i will tell you i have already doubled what i was drinking in water. Give it a try might be just what you need. The other thing i wanted to tell you is that for the 1st week the only think i can eat is the SUGAR FREE jello, broth, and water or crystal light. I of course would talk to your dr to make sure because i can tell you that the same surgery has lots of different variations with the differnet programs. But good luck let me know how you make out
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views