I was approved and the next day..surgery date was scheduled!

carolyngoebel
on 10/1/07 4:02 am - TX
I had to have a friend show me how to use this area effectively. I am truly computer stupid sometimes. My surgery date is scheduled for October 15th. I am truly excited and definitely scared at the same time! I am a single woman with a 14 year old son. Together, we will make it through this and I will be successful. But I can't help but have, what looks like, the same feelings that ALOT of WLS folks have. I can't imagine what I will be like the night before I leave for the hospital. Is there a positive way to deal with the nerves?
rebecca224
on 10/2/07 9:42 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hello, I had my RNY 2-9-06 and my best friend is having hers this coming Oct. 16. everybody feels nervous just before surgery. The truth is it is easier than childbirth. You have a 14 year old son. I know you must have been nervous before you had him. WLS is like having a beautiful new life that is also waiting to come out. Once you've had the surgery, like your child, you will wonder how you ever existed with out it. You are going to do great! You will end up a smaller size, healthier, and trust me, a year from now you will eat like a normal healthy person with a thinner body, and a higher quality of life! Congratualtions! Rebecca in Atlanta
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 898 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 903 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1531 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1027 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1086 views