Feeling so many emotions............

Martie_d
on 9/30/07 8:37 am - Salem, OR
Hey there folks, I thought I would post on this board as I can't be the only one rollercoastering with emotions. I am so excited and find myself organizing my life........getting rid of house clutter, working very hard at my job so it won't be much work to cover and trying to exercise as much as possible. At the same time, I have some fear and want to grab the people close to me and shake them, yelling "do you have any damn idea what I'm doing here????!!!!". For a variety of reasons ranging from what the hell am I thinking and why does it seem like no big deal to you? Also, am on the Oregon board and the person who had surgery with my Dr. the most recently is having a lot of problems and has to go back in because of internal bleeding. Holy Crap!!!!! ~~scarey............ So, just wanted to get that out to people who probably understand the insanity of my mind right now. Martha
clring5
on 10/1/07 10:36 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I am so with you girlfriend. My surgery is the 11th. It was supposed to be tomorrow! I have become extremely emotional--everything and nothing can make me cry - I think "I can't wait" then I think "why am I doing this?" It's as if emotions are out of control. We just need to remember that it's a positive change that will give us a second chance. A second chance at health and life - without all the complications of obesity. It's a risk - but so is being obese right? Just think - a year from now we will have our before and after pics up on this site and will encourage others. If you want, add me as a friend - we can go through this journey together. Thanks, christina
Martie_d
on 10/1/07 10:58 am - Salem, OR
Thanks for your response. I am a total ball baby today and have had a few family things come up that just seemed insurmountable, but it's just life stuff.........I am hypersensitive. Your surgery is right around the corner...........wow!!!! Switching it had to create some turmoil as well...... My daughter and I found this site of this woman who bought two outfits that she wanted to get into. She then took her before pictures, her pictures holding up the clothes she wanted to wear............and then pictures of her wearing the outfits!!!! It was so inspirational to me and I am so excited to be that girl a year from now...........We will be there sooner than we know........... I put in to add you as a friend. Martha
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/07 2:56 am - CA
I feel your pain as this is a very difficult decision. I look at it this way. For my last two pregnancies I have been overweight. Twice I had congestive heart failure after a C-section. I am hypertensive and am in the early stages of diabetes. I have battled with my weight from the time I could remember. I have three sisters and four brothers and I remember being the fattiest when we were growing up. I am 42 years old and want to healthy. I have lost weight only to gain it back with a vengence. I have spent most of life worrying about my weight. I feel getting the surgery will help me. I am afraid, but I am even more afraid of being sick when I get older. I watch my grandmother died weighing almost 500 lbs, no legs from heart attack, then a fatal stroke. She live two weeks in a coma. I don't want that for myself. I want to be healthy for my kids, husband and most of all for me. My husabnd and kids does not support me. They think this is to the extreme. So I feel that I am alone in this. I have educated myself and I feel if I continue on the current path, I will harm myself more than this surgery would. Just trust god that you will be fine. No one should have to live with being overweight. Some people could do it on thier own, others like us need help as we are more pre-disposed to being overweight. PS: Please take everything on these boards with a "grain of salt" as we don't know the cir****tances surrounding the particular case. Try to read the more positive postings. If you are like me, I have prayer for God to help me with my weight and he did, through the hands of my surgeon. Cheer up! Fear is good, it keeps us on our toes!
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 907 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 912 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1545 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1035 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1093 views