October 15th! Anyone else?

BeccaTyme
on 9/24/07 3:46 am - MD
I'm having surgery on Oct.15th. I can't think about anything else. My husband is getting annoyed because that's all I talk about. Who else has a date for the 15th?
sWeEtLoCs
on 9/24/07 5:12 am - RI
My surgery is scheduled for October 12th!!!!! I am excited and at the same time freaked out!
fainterames
on 9/24/07 9:09 am - Morristown, TN
Hi Rebecca, My surgery date is October 15th and I am so excited! I have my bags packed! I just wish I could go to sleep and wake up the morning of the 15th on my way to the hospital. I have been tasting lots of different protein drinks so that they aren't a shock to me after surgery and am going to try to puree some stuff and try as well beforehand. I will be having my surgery at Parkwest in Knoxville where will you be?
BeccaTyme
on 9/24/07 10:28 am - MD
Hi Amy, I'll be in Baltimore MD at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. I feel like I'm not prepared yet. I am buying different kinds of protien shakes and trying to arrange care for my 8 month old. I won't be able to pick him up for 6 weeks . I'm getting open RNY.
Chere S.
on 9/24/07 1:29 pm - Pensacola, FL
Me!!! October 15 at 7:30. I, too, can't wait. It's all consuming isn't it? Good luck to you!!!
nanyn
on 9/26/07 5:11 pm - Lynwood, CA
My Surgery Date is Oct. 15th as well. Congratualtions to you all. We will all have the same new birthdate. I too cant stop talking about it. Yet I have some weight to loose, I am totally dedicated to putting all my efforts into it. Best wishes to all
brandiw
on 9/27/07 6:01 am
Hello! My name is Brandi and I am also having my surgery on the 15th. I am 29 years old, 280lbs and a mother of 2. I am having laproscopic RNY thru Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Portsmouth VA. I love to work out and am a member of our local YMCA. I enjoy step aerobics, spinning and kickboxing classes. Definitely looking forward to my surgery date but also getting apprehensive since I've never had surgery before in my life. When do you start your pre-op liquid diet? Have you been to a pre-op teaching yet? Mine is scheduled for the 9th (seems like years away).
BeccaTyme
on 9/27/07 7:05 am - MD
Hi Brandi, I don't have to go on a liquid diet before my surgery. All I was told was to not drink or eat anything after 9pm the night before. I guess every doctor is different. I'll probably take it easy on the food the day before anyway. It's great you enjoy working out so much it will really help you recover quicker. Good Luck! Rebecca
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 898 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 903 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1531 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1027 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1086 views