New Year

Maddiebug
on 1/1/09 12:05 am - Madrid, NY
I figured there would be a ton of people on here due to the New Year.  I am kicking myself in the butt and get back on track.  Anyone else on board?

Christine
Christine Richardson
281/151/165
Surgery Date:9/13/05
There are so many things I would change now.

linda D.
on 1/5/09 9:47 am - Holbrook, NY
hey :-) I am here---it's january 5th and effective today I am back on track big time - I am back at the gym and start back with my personal trainer tomorrow afternoon - I am going to the gym every morning at 5:30 a.m. and starting the 5 day pouch test tomorrow morning...I am going all out!!! I know that I have gained approximately 15 pounds and have now put the brakes on bigtime.  I hope to lose these excess pounds and an additional 10 by June 1...I've set that goal as to not overwhelm myself and sabbotage things...

hope you're doing well and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

~Linda
RNY 9/9/2005
Starting 309; Lowest 174; Current 196; Goal 165

Blackthorne
on 1/8/09 9:07 am - Alpharetta, GA
Hey Christine!  

I'm here.  Getting back into exercising after slacking most of the winter.   I had done a lot working out outdoors, and once the weather turned back, I just stopped.  My old gym membership had expired, and I didn't get a new one.   (My brother gave me a 2 yr membership for Xmas, so I'm good to go)

I haven't had much weight gain - my lowest weight was 140.2, and I hover around 151-155 most of the time.    But I'd like to have more muscle tone, and get back into climbing shape.    I dealt with some low iron/ferritin issues in September by getting iron infusions, and now I have a lot more energy. 

So what's new with you? 
     Six years postop.       All co-morbidities are resolved.  Lost 101lbs in 1st year.   High wt: 277 Surgery wt:  260.7  Currently:  143lbs.    I'm Blackthorne99 on MyFitnessPal.

Click here to read my blog: Unicorns & Stranger Things
Maddiebug
on 1/10/09 7:35 am - Madrid, NY
Blackthorne,
I am having some iron issues myself.  When did you or your doctor decide to do the iron infusions?  My HGB is 9.8 and HCT was 28.6.  They said they want to wait before they do an infusion, but I am wondering if it would give me a boost now.  I have to do to the doctor next Thursday.  What kind of insusion did they give you?

Thanks for your help!!
Christine Richardson
281/151/165
Surgery Date:9/13/05
There are so many things I would change now.

Blackthorne
on 1/11/09 1:32 am - Alpharetta, GA

Both my HGB and my Ferritin were low.   My ferritin was originally so low that it was not registering on the test (which can register down to 0.5).    They'd like it to be at least 21.      I tried bringing it up for 3-4 months with oral supplements and it took me ferritin to 4.    An improvement to be sure, but nowhere near high enough.     After the four infusions, my ferritin was MUCH higher.   I don't have my bloodwork in front of me, but it had moved towards the high end of the range.

I received Venofer.    Because I have anaphylactic reaction to something else (sulpha drugs), they were concerned I might be one of those who has an allergic reaction to iron infusions.  (A small percentage of people do).       Venofer is given over an hour, once a week for a month, so much less likely to cause a reaction.   (I was fine - I sat there with my blankets that had come out of the heated cabinet and slept for an hour).

--BT

Six years postop.       All co-morbidities are resolved.  Lost 101lbs in 1st year.   High wt: 277 Surgery wt:  260.7  Currently:  143lbs.    I'm Blackthorne99 on MyFitnessPal.

Click here to read my blog: Unicorns & Stranger Things
Musicmama88
on 1/13/09 9:25 am - Danville, IN
Im here and back on track too. I gained about 17 pounds, so did the pouch test last week. Lost 7 pounds and all my cravings are gone, I dump once again, and can only hold a small amount! That thing works!!
This is the year I will lose that last 20 pounds!
Good to see others are workin the tool,,,we can do this!

Blessings
betsy
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 610 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 719 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 918 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 928 views