Dumping

livelyvc
on 6/16/08 2:14 am - Alexandria, VA
Hi All, It's been a long time since I visited the board. I used to be here most every day. I've got a question for you all about dumping. When I had the RNY my doc told me never to eat sugar and I've been very good about it. I think I've had a couple of dumping situations over the last couple of years but they were pretty close in time to when I ate the sugar. This weekend I went to Starbucks and ordered a sugar free vanilla latte.... about 6 hours later I had a dumping episode. The only thing I ate all day that could have caused it was if the starbucks person didn't do the sugar free and gave me the regular vanilla instead. Can dumping occur that long after you eat the sugar???
Ready4 AChange
on 6/17/08 9:29 am - Upper Chichester, PA
I would think if you haven't had sugar it may affect you . I have "dabbled" in trying sugar and so far ( don't know whether it's good or bad) haven't had any problems. But I don't want to pu**** either. Just maybe stick with your own "starbucks" at home. Sandy
Paula Hep
on 6/20/08 6:45 am - Windsor, CT
RNY on 09/28/05 with
You can also dump from fat..if there was fat in the latte (from the milk or cream), you may have dumped on that... I dump when I have a HUGE amount of sugar, or something that is very rich with lots of fat in it. Nausea, diarrahea and sometimes vomitting, shaking, heart pounding...etc...not fun. paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 610 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 719 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 918 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 928 views