Anyone stalling even gaining?

Snuggles
on 3/8/07 11:21 pm - Mpls, MN
Hello I am getting frustrated as the scale is not moving in fact somedays it goes up to lbs and then back down 2 lbs. How can I kick start this. Can it be possible that you are done losing at 6 mths Thanks Shelly
LeighTilton
on 3/10/07 4:28 am - Laconia, NH
Hi Shelly, I am going through the same thing as you! I hope we are not done losing @ 6 mths --- I still would like to lose 54 more pounds. I do find myself eating a little more but I am exercising a lot too! Everyone says to watch what you eat and exercise. I have been doing that and it has not jump started yet. I guess I am just going to keep trying. At a positive note, I think my body is really shrinking. I have gone down a size with only 6 lbs lost. Anyway, hang in there and thanks for letting me know I am not alone!
Miosha Bryant
on 3/11/07 2:25 pm - Spring valley, ny
OMG!!! I know exactly how you feel. I had Lap-Band surgery in august. I have lost about 60 lbs since then but lately I've noticed my cravings and eating habits have increased and my face is getting a lil chubbier. Im really scared that I've done something wrong. I try as much as possible to watch what I eat, however I am the average college student...always on the go, no time for breakfast etc. I eat alot of salads and wraps but I was told the wraps are no good because of the carbs. Theres not much variety of food on campus for me to eat and I think thats why I've been venturing to the bad side (a little baddness here and there but nothing too extreme) I really dont want my weight loss to stall and i'm definitely terrified of gaining weight which I think I might have (no more than 5 lbs though). My goal is to lose another 20-40 lbs by the begining of may for my 22nd birthday. Is there any suggestions or advice anyone can give me? My e-mail address is [email protected] if anyone would like to contact me personally. Its always nice to have someone to talk to that share the same experience.
clegate
on 3/12/07 10:40 am - Shelton, WA
I always re-read this article when I get in a stall. http://obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/action,replies/board_id,4856/topic_id,3051460/cat_id,44 56/a,messageboard/ I'm in one right now too. So frustrating. I intend to stay the course though and get through it. I'm NOT finished loosing. I have 4 more lbs. to be at the -100 mark with a total of 32 lbs. to goal. I will make it. Good luck and let me know if you find something that helps. Carol
lea2be
on 3/13/07 5:37 pm - LaBelle, FL
After almost 2 mos of somewhat steady stalling, I feel like the queen of stalls! I have never gained (thankfully) but sometimes wonder what difference it would make! LOL One thing you need to look at is your protein... Are you getting in 65 to 80 grams per day? We really need that much at this point and from here on out. Next is, yep--you guessed it--your fluid intake.... Are you getting in more than 64 ozs of liquids EVERY day?? And, finally, your calorie intake. Are you eating ENOUGH??? At this point postop, if you are exercising at all, you probably need somewhere around 1000 calories per day in order to be eating enough to keep your body out of starvation mode where it will hold onto everything you give it! Yes, as morbidly obese people, we never thought we'd be asked this question, but there it is and I'm not joking!! You need to be eating ENOUGH, getting in enough liquids and enough protein each and ever day to keep that weight rolling off like we want it to! If you are NOT exercising, you need to be--even if it is just a good walk at a steady pace (go for 2.5 mph at least). Walking for 30 mins at 2.5 mph at 279 pounds (where I am now) burns off over 200 calories.... If you have been exercising, are you doing pretty much the same thing each time?? If so, your body may have become accustomed to this and you need to shake it up!! Change your routine or your level of exertion or such in order to shock your system a bit. It may work! Lea
Jen F.
on 3/14/07 5:39 am - Minneapolis, MN
Excellent words of wisdom!
Pam P.
on 3/14/07 6:05 am - LaGrange, GA
Honey...I know how you feel....get this...technically I have been on a roller coaster since Thanksgiving.....I got to 171 back then and since have battled the scales day to day...going up to 176 and now this week back to 171... I dont know I mean I KNOW what I need to do I just simply loose time each day and dont drink extra protein...Im snacking now....its good snacks but still carbs... sometimes I can eat what seems like normal and some times it feels like its stuck in my chest or that I overate.... I thought I would be PERFECT after going thru this...but I do find that Im reaching for food again when Im tired and stressed... Ive started eating the Special K High Protein cereal...just a bit..when I want something crunchy or carby...it helps cause it fills me sooo quick. My energy is low these days...guess I need to hunt down somewhere to get a B12 shot...I have yet to have one of those. But you guys are kickin my butt on pounds lost...I have only lost 57 since surgery on 8/28...I started as what they call a lightweight so I knew I wouldnt loose like others but man...I want more! My surgeon said I should have lost more by now..they werent happy.... guess I need to LIVE at the gym in place of just doing my 3-4 days a week... I have dropped from a tight 22 to an 11...and tight XL to a loose Medium so Im happy....but wew...this skin............YUK!
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/07 12:05 pm - Florence, KY
Oh yeah the skin is everywhere!! I am down 136 lbs since 8/23/06 and have 64 lbs to go to reach my personal goal. The doctor wants another 25 lbs beyond that but I will be happy reach 170 lbs before my tummy surgery. My biggest problem is getting enough food. I laugh when I feel that I have been over doing it for a couple of days and the scale drops 5 lbs!! OMG what is that?? I know it is that I undereat so many days that my body is fighting me to keep what it needs. Well it needs to stop!! I will not give up until I reach my goal!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views