Frustration

clegate
on 3/6/07 5:59 am - Shelton, WA
Is there anyone else who is stalled? My weight loss has dropped off so drastically throughout February and now into March. I lost a total of 4 lbs. in Feb. and nothing so far in March. I was doing so well and now I'm getting really frustrated. I dropped some on my exercising but now I'm exercising as much or more than before. My calorie count is still pretty good, I think. Usually between 450 and 500. I do not want to be done with weight loss. I have lost 94 lbs. and I'm really wanting to make it to -100. I am about 30 lbs. over goal weight. Please tell me I haven't lost all I'm going to loose. Thanks, Carol
lea2be
on 3/7/07 4:17 am - LaBelle, FL
Congrats on the 94 pounds! And on being so close to your goal weight just this far out! BUT, I would think that if you are eating less than 500 calories per day, at 6 mos post op your system is probably kicking into starvation mode. My Nut says no less than 900-1000 calories per day and that we can go up to 1200 but need to stay below 1200 till we reach our goal weight. Are you getting your protein in each day (65 to 80 grams)?? Are you drinking your fluids every day?? (64 or more ozs) If you are only eating 500 calories per day and NOT losing, you are going to have to up your calorie intake so that your body doesn't think it is starving before you start to lose again! I've been in a stall for most of January and February. I've only lost 13 pounds since the first of the year. I've lost 127 total and over 80 inches, but I need to lose about 108 more pounds to reach my personal goal and I'm beginning to think that the honeymoon is OVER for me! I am about over my period for this month and am hoping that when I get weighed next week I'll have dropped 5 or more pounds all of a sudden! LOL Regarding exercise--are you doing the same type of exercise that you've been doing all along? If so, try changing it up or mixing it up a bit. They say that your body becomes accustomed to the same thing all the time and you sometimes need to mix/change it a bit to kick your loss in the butt again! Hugs, Lea
clegate
on 3/7/07 8:57 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Lea, Thanks for the congrats and the same to you! 127 lbs. That's amazing. You're doing so great. You're probably right about starvation mode. I was warned about that and did pretty well with exercise keeping it at bay until recently. I would eat more calories but the only way to do that is to graze and I don't want to get back into that habit again. I am doing really well with water. Most days up to 96 oz. Protein is low because of the low calorie count. I feel great though and my nutritionist doesn't seem to be too worried about it at this point. I hover around 40-50 g per day. Not enough, I know, but the best I can do at this point. I have fasting blood work to do in a couple of months and she said if protein is low then we would address it. Like I said though I feel great and have plenty of energy so I'm not too worried. I walk for exercise and have even gotten so that I can trot part of it. We do have an excellent fitness center at the school where I teach so maybe I'll try to find some time during the day when it's not filled with smelly teenagers. Thanks for the suggestions. It helps to just talk with someone sometimes. Hugs, Carol
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/07 12:10 pm - Florence, KY
Congrats on the loss!! I agree that your daily intake seems low and you might want to up it a little to keep your body from thinking you are starving it. I have trouble getting my water in or the protein. It seems like it is one or the other but not both in the same day. I will be working on that this month. I had my 6 month post op and the doctor said I could go back to the stage 3 diet for up to 10 days and then advance it slowly. He said this would kick start my losing again. I may do that if the scales don't give up a little this week. I will be stalled for a month on Monday.... grrrrr
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views