Six month anniversary

LeighTilton
on 2/21/07 9:21 pm - Laconia, NH
Today is a milestone for me. I had my RNY on 8/22/06! I feel so much better. I am on very little medication now and my blood sugar is low and stable! I am so thankful for this incredible "start over"! I am 55 lbs from my goal weight and I never thought that would be possible. I will be 50 years old in a few weeks. My only regret is that I did not have this life saving surgery sooner. I also thank God for this wonderful web site and all of the support I find here. Have a great day everyone!
joni55
on 2/22/07 9:16 pm - Haddam, CT
RNY on 08/07/06 with
hi leigh, congrats on your new life .isn't it great when you feel better?i'm also 6 mon out and all of a sudden life has many new possibilities to do things i wasn't able to do before.i'm 51 and i also wish i'd done his sooner but i look forward to a much happier second chance.continue to do well on your journey and good health. joni
lea2be
on 2/23/07 4:51 am - LaBelle, FL
My 6 mos surgiversary is next Thursday (would have been 2/29, but is actually 3/1). In that time, I've lost 122 pounds and over 83 inches. I still have at least 113 pounds to meet my own goal (surgeon doesn't set goals). But, I think I've made great progress to date! Like you ladies, I wish I'd done this sooner instead of getting in so much worse shape over the last 5 years during which I've had numerous doctor recommendations toward the surgery.... Oh well, can't do it over again, can we? But, I am lucky that I am only about to turn 40 (in August) and did not wait any longer than I did to do this. You ladies are doing GREAT!! Before you know it you will be posting to say that you are at goal!! Keep up the great work! Hugs, Lea 410/288/175?
cowangel
on 2/24/07 9:16 am - Grovetown, GA
Me too , me too.... whoohoo for us... I was deathly ill the last couple of days had a scare with some bleeding on top of really bad fever , turned out to be irritable bowel stuff, thank GOD... I'm down 124 pounds with 60 more to go... so thankful for our new tool , does it feel like 6 months to you?
LeighTilton
on 2/24/07 8:53 pm - Laconia, NH
NO! It definitely does not feel like 6 mths. Time just flies by but I am so glad that at least this year I am making some progress. I always had goals to lose weight and exercise but now I really am! Wow! 124 lbs in 6 mths is awesome. Congratulations and keep up the good work! I hope you are on the mend now and do not have any more problems. Thanks for posting.
Fabat50
on 2/25/07 6:06 am - Port Charlotte, FL
I hit 6 months on Feb 24. I am down 110 lbs. and feel great. I will be 51 in April. I had no real medical issues before except obesity so my medical condition is really unchanged. My stamina and energy and self esteem are so much better. Best of everything to all of us.....GREAT JOB! Netta
marcoislandmom
on 2/26/07 6:53 pm - Naples, FL
Wow You folks are doing great. I'm six months out tomorrow and I've lost only 62 lbs. 50 lbs to goal. I can't imagine 100 lbs plus in six months. Wonder what I am doing wrong. I know I don't get all the protein and water I need. Just can't fit it in. Oh well, everyone keeps saying don't compare your loss to anyone elses. Congrats to you all!
LovelyLoser
on 2/28/07 8:53 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Im 6 months out, too. Yeah! I have lost 89 pounds and all meds except synthroid. I feel great. I have about 36 pounds to go to my goal of 145 and it feels possible, even likely that Ill reach it. 36 pounds is something I can do even if I dont lose any more as a result of the surgery, when it was 125 pounds to lose it was just overwhelming and I felt I couldnt do it without surgery. Like all of you guys, my only regret is not doing it sooner. I have had no complications, have stalled twice, dont know if I dump on anything over 20 grams of sugar and I only know that because I didnt read the label on a protein bar once until after I ate it. I fell off the exercise wagon through the holidays but Im back on and lovign it. Best to everyone!! Annette
burgundylady2003
on 3/11/07 1:09 pm - small town, Canada
Hi, it has been quite awhile since I have been on this site, just too busy I guess. I am very pleased with how I have done since surgery, although it certainly has slowed down. I only lost 3 pounds in February! I know I need to be more deligent on watching what I eat etc, but I think I just needed a break from it all and now am getting back into it again. I had a 3 pound loss last week, so hope my stall is gone. My stats? Highest weight 303 (last March) Surgery weight 185 Current weight 208 for a loss of 95 altogether and 77 since surgery. I am in size 12/14 and that is pretty exciting not shopping in the plus sizes anymore. Twice this weekend people who have not seen me lately said they didnt recognize me... Also I feel so much better, been downhill skiing with my girls, which I could not do the last time I tried (too hard on the knees) and also went to new york city for a mother/daughter trip with my 16 year old. No worries about fitting in the seats this time! Hey....reading back...I was in a bit of a slump before...looks like I am over it...feeling good!! Hope the rest of you are doing well, and if not, hang in there... Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views