Anyone have two significant stalls already??

lea2be
on 2/10/07 9:46 pm - LaBelle, FL
Hi all! I know some of you are thinking "What do you call significant?" Well, for me, I have stalled twice already. The first time was for 2 whole torturous weeks and it was just after my 2 month post-op point. Then, at about 4 1/2 months, I stalled again for 3 whole weeks. I know that it is just a period of shifting and adjustment for your body, BUT I didn't know that the first time it happened and I was soooooooo frustrated! Thankfully I did measure myself early out and I do know that I've lost over 70 inches now! But, if I didn't know about the readjusting and the inches, I know I'd be stark raving MAD by now with those 5 weeks total. Both stalls started just days (like 2 or 3) before my period started too. So there was the bloating of that added to the non-weight-loss period! Luckily, once the stall ended, I lost a few pounds right away. This last stall just ended last weekend and I lost 9 pounds this past week! That hasn't happened (9 pounds in a week) since week one right after surgery and part of that was the IV fluids they pump you up with in the hospital! LOL So, I went from 299 to 290 the first week after the stall. But, it didn't help me any during those 3 weeks (mentally) and I am still a bit behind the way I was losing before the stall.... Christina and I are sort of setting goals and challenging together since our starting weight, surgery dates, and rate of loss have been nearly identical so far. We're shooting for 265 pounds by 3/31. I was sooooo behind on that plan till this past week! Now, I still have 25 pounds to lose and only 48 days to do it. Guess I need to keep that exercise kicked up, huh??? LOL
LEAH W.
on 2/11/07 4:21 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I've stalled quite a few times. Once for about 5 weeks and recently for about 2-3 weeks. I wasn't really too concerned either time. It was frustrating but I knew I was doing the right things so eventually the weight would come off. I will be more concerned when I'm further out and stall. But right now we are still going to lose weight for a while. I still don't have a scale at home so I only weigh in about once each month when I have a doctor appt or when I take the kids to theirs. The main thing is that I try to stay focused even when I'm not losing. I've been very lucky to be able to get over the amount of protein my doctoro recommends. And I can finally come close to 64 ounces of water. I think that really does help so much. Also I am working out at the gym 4 days every week. And when I don't go to the gym, I make sure that I do something at home that gets my heart rate up for at least 30 minutes. Sometimes that's just doing laundry and housecleaning. But it is definitely working. The last thing that I do religiously is log my foods onto fitday. I notice when I don't log my foods, I start to overdo it in the carb area, lol. Seeing it infront of me keeps me focused! Congrats on the weight loss so far and you can make your goal! I finally made my first goal, to be under 200. I weighed on Friday at 199. Hopefully when I go to my surgeon's appt tomorrow his scale will say the same!!
lea2be
on 2/11/07 9:08 am - LaBelle, FL
Hey Leah! Sounds like you're doing great--in ONEderland too!! I hope to make it there too! I live 25 miles away from the closest place to workout and that is a Curves. I try to get there at least 2 if not 3 times per week. Then, the rest of the time, I have my exercise bike for cardio and hauling water buckets to the horse trough for resistance! LOL Then, of course, there is laundry, sweeping, mopping, dishes, etc every day. I got so hot hauling water to the mares the other day that I sweat all the way through the layer of clothing closest to my skin. And, my face was all flush like after I do the Curves thing 3 times around the circuit! I carry two 7 gallon buckets at once and they are filled 2/3 of the way full, so about 40 pounds each, one in each hand and tromping through the snow and ice... It can be a workout both mentally (praying you stay upright!) AND physically. I do log my food/liquid intake each day, but I do it in an Excel spreadsheet I made up myself. I have a list of foods entered in now that is over 450 items long and don't need to look stuff up very often these days... I average about 55 to 60 carbs most days. Anytime I eat less than 50 carbs per day, I get that lovely brain fog back again.... I can NOT stand that! So, I try and make sure I don't go below 40-50 per day for the net carbs. My daily calorie intake averages between 900 and 1000 for the monthly average. Some days I get 1150 to 1200, but most days are 1000 or less. I get 65 to 80 grams of protein most days and I get my 64 oz of fluids almost every day without fail and some days are closer to 80 oz. Keep it up! Sounds like you're doing everything right! Hugs, Lea
Sherry K.
on 3/25/07 7:41 am - Blooming Glen, PA
Lea, I have been stalled for a month now, and I know it's because I'm not eating right. I was ready to start keeping a food journal again, and was thinking of creating an excel sheet of my own. But since you've got 450 foods already in yours, any chance you're willing to share it? If you can't post it here, how about to my yahoo [email protected]. Thanks so much! Sherry
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/07 12:30 pm - Florence, KY
Feel like sharing your excel list? Sounds like something I need to start doing.\ [email protected]
(deactivated member)
on 2/17/07 9:54 pm
Its been a while since I have been out here. We moved and I had major computer issues but glad to say I just got a new computer and I am up and running again. My surgery was August 9th and I am down 87lbs. I have hit a few stalls too. The last one was 5 weeks. I would say I have had two that concerned me since late December and when I do lose its just a few lbs at a time. I am not a very good food tracker and I am not doing so well on the exercise front. Im glad I can follow the forum now to gage how I am doing and see what everyone else is dealing with.
Ms.Traci C.
on 2/23/07 8:06 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Well, after talking to my nutritionist and some online people I have concluded that I have only stall really once. I am currently experiencing my first stall....it has lasted 1 month and counting. The other slow downs were my body adjusting to the rapid weight loss and also I wasn't eating enough...can you believe that! Hugs, Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views