Sinus Meds? You guys take them?

Pam P.
on 2/1/07 1:11 am - LaGrange, GA
I have been waking up with bad sinus headaches but fear taking anything...which is odd cause before surgery I had a high tolerance and would pop any ole kinda pill.... now Im chicken..lol So you think I can take a Tylenol Sinus ok?
Lookin2Lose
on 2/1/07 12:13 pm - AL
You may want to talk with your doc, but (with no medical knowledge or stay at a Holiday Inn Express to back me up) I don't see a problem. I've taken sinus meds since right after surgery. My meds are prescription though. I've also taken my migraine meds, since if I don't take my sinus meds right away I tend to develop a migraine!
Mary G.
on 2/2/07 11:20 pm - Deming, WA
Hey Pam! Boy do I know this one. I thought I'd be bullet proof with all the supplements I take post WLS, but I have had the sinus "crud" for a week now and finally took some Sudafed. It worked wonderfully. Call your MD and make sure he doesn't have a better choice for you hon and feel better soon. Hugs, Mary
jkfullerva
on 2/4/07 3:16 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I take the Claritin Redi Tabs that dissolve in your mouth. I was taking the regular ones but since time release won't work for us now I use these. I have also had success with triaminic strips that dissolve in your mouth. I love all the strip things they have come out with I use Gas X too. Walmart has mucinex type meds that only last 4hours we can crush those up and take them but the 12 or 24 hour won't work for us. If you use a decongestant drink lots of water or you will get a killer headache. Hope this helps
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views