Exercise 1/30/07

Lookin2Lose
on 1/30/07 12:58 am - AL
Went to Pilates Class this morning... OMG! If you've never tried Pilates, you should check it out. It was fabulous!!! I'm planning on WATP this evening. So, what are you doing for exercise today???
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/07 7:42 am - FL
Someone told me that Pilates is the same as Yoga. Is that true?
Lookin2Lose
on 1/31/07 2:26 am - AL
Pilates and Yoga both involve stretching and toning, but they follow different principals. Some gyms however will do the same exercises for both Pilates and Yoga. I haven't done Yoga, so I can't tell you exactly what the differences are though.
LeighTilton
on 1/30/07 9:35 pm - Laconia, NH
I went to aquasize class. I try to do that 3x a week and then do the tredmill 3x a week and one day I don't exercise. I was thinking of starting some weights. What is the best way to start out? I have some hand weights so I could do it at home but I am not sure what I should be doing. Thanks for any suggestions!
Lookin2Lose
on 1/31/07 2:31 am - AL
I've thought about trying an aquacise class, but since my hair is still being funky, I didn't want to add the chlorine to it. How is your hair holding up? I know there are some beginner DVDs you can do at home with weights. Otherwise, I would do basic calesthenics and use the weights. Plus arm curls (front, side, overhead, behind the head, forward, etc...) squats, side twists, etc...
LeighTilton
on 1/31/07 10:41 am - Laconia, NH
My hair is not holding up at all! It is horrible. Thin and brittle. I don't think the chlorine could possibly hurt it anymore than it already is! :>) Seriously, I love aquasizing and have been doing it for three years. It is a lot of fun. Thanks for the weight sugestions. I think I will start weights! Maybe it will break my plateau. I have been the same weight plus or minus 2 lbs for five weeks now! Getting sick of it.
Pam P.
on 1/31/07 5:21 am - LaGrange, GA
Hey ladies....my town has NOTHING like that... I did order a Fluidity bar......which is for Yoga & Pilates stretching... Im enjoying it so far...(I knew I would need the toning).... but I would enjoy a class even more!
Lookin2Lose
on 2/1/07 12:07 pm - AL
I really feel fortunate to have the classes here. My gym is actually a "Wellness Center", and is run by one of the local hospitals. Part of the reason I joined was because they have such a wide variety of classes and exercise choices. I've heard that there are some good Pilates tapes out there. Have you checked any of them out?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views