How to get the most from the honeymoon phase

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/07 8:36 pm - FL
I am looking for advice from people who are farther along than I am. People always say that we should try to maximize our window of opportunity during the first six months. Well..how do you do that? Besides eating right, what else can be done? How much did you guys exercise? Any tips will be appreciated.
cowangel
on 1/29/07 10:33 am - Grovetown, GA
I started walking right away and have graduated to my gazelle 30=40 mins a day 5 days a week plus i started strength training this weekend on my new total gym for atotal of almost an hour workout.... I also really really push the proteins, and stay away from sugar and high carb stuff.... I'm the protein drink queen... i love them.. and they make me feel good, good luck to you.... judy 082206 Roux N Y with malabsorptive procedure// 338 starting wt, now 223
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/07 7:41 am - FL
Thanks for input. Do you know how many grams of protein and carbs you consume? I'm hoping to increase my workouts. You're doing great with yours! You have had great success. Congrats!
Ms.Traci C.
on 2/3/07 11:45 pm - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Wanda, I work out 4 - 5 days a week, twice weekly with a trainer. I have done weight training since two weeks out...I have come a long way although I haven't loss a huge amount of weight...I feel wonderful. When I get out of bed now...it is painfree. The honeymoon period is a scary thought for me too....but I feel the exercise will save me. Hugs, Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views