I'm feeling competative - but I still love ya

Jen F.
on 1/19/07 8:47 am - Minneapolis, MN
Hi all, Just thought I'd share. I don't post much on this board, but I like to check in and see how y'all are doing because you're my closest peer group as far as surgery goes. When I read your posting titles, I get so jealous! I thought I was doing great (down 77), but then I read someone else is down 80, and I get all disappointed. And you! Overweight?!? I was just tickled to cross into obese last month and you're already overweight?!? No fair! Well, that's what my inside voice is saying anyway. Please tell me this is happening to you too? Even though I'm jealous, I'm still very happy for everyone. Hopefully we're all healthier and maybe even happier 5 months from surgery. If you're not doing well after surgery, I hope good things for you and that they improve soon. Hugs to all ALOHA Jen
tinkerbell64
on 1/19/07 10:05 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi Jen, You are doing great, 77lbs in 5 months is great. You are two lbs ahead of me and I had surgery 2 weeks before you. I guess we all lose a different rates depending on how much we have to lose. I know last week on here I saw a couple people that had already lost 100 pounds, I didn't feel so go about myself them. However like I have been told a hundred times already is don't compare myself to others and be happy with my journey as it is. I know about that competitive nature. I have two sisters that have a gastric bypass one is 3 years out and at goal and the other one is almost 2 years out and not at goal yet. I want to do as well as they have and am determined to get the weight off, it is something in my nature. I am competitive no matter what it is and sometimes it gets me in trouble. Anyway, you are doing great and just keep up the good work. Patty
K C
on 1/22/07 10:11 am - Bothell, WA
Oh, Jen! I can't tell you how true your post is for me, too. I can hardly look at OH anymore because I get so jealous and down on myself. I'm down 69 lbs but am insanely jealous of the people who are down 100 or so... In fact, I convince myself at regular intervals that I'm a complete failure at this and blah, blah, blah. At my check-up, my doc said, "Ease up on yourself." He explained that we're all different and even said that the people who are the most active on OH are the ones who feel great about their progress. This makes sense to me 'cause I've certainly been staying away while feeling crappy... BUT, even with this logic in my head, I still wish I was one of the people touting my 100-lb loss ... Good luck. And no, you're not alone in your thinking. Peace! --KC
lea2be
on 1/24/07 12:45 am - LaBelle, FL
Well don't feel so bad! While I was able to lose 100 pounds total by Christmas, I am now still only at about 112 lost and have been in a stall for almost 2 weeks now! And, some of the folks who say 100 pounds lost (myself included) are including some weight lost before their surgery date. My loss goes back to July 13th when I started the pre-op diet during which I lost 24 pounds. The other 88 is what I've lost SINCE surgery on 8/29! You folks WILL catch up!! And, my 112 is with a starting weight of 410. Those of you who started lower will sometimes lose a bit slower. BUT, I bet the inches have just MELTED away for you! I've only lost about 65 inches so far, but really haven't changed mu*****lothing sizes (my biggest stressor!) as the loss has been from all over and not from any one concentrated area. I still have such a big butt! I've gone from a 4x pant (Roaman's or Lane Bryant) to a 2X. I've got some 26 pants on the way and am soooo praying that the will fit as these 4Xs are like swimming pools for me now! The elastic waist is finally not holding them up properly anymore. So, there are good and bad moments no matter how much or how fast you lose! Just remember that you and I did not gain the weight in the same amount and at the same pace, so we won't lose it that way either! You are doing AWESOME!! Keep it up and don't be discouraged or disappointed!! Hugs, Lea 410/298/175
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views